Oil pan torque

It's 10 Lbs of torque thats very light. I've always started at the corners just to get the pan and gasket in place. I've also only done this laying on my back!! Just get the threads started in each hole then torque them down in a criss cross pattern.

It's 10 Lbs of torque thats very light. I've always started at the corners just to get the pan and gasket in place. I've also only done this laying on my back!! Just get the threads started in each hole then torque them down in a criss cross pattern.

You mis read. It's 10 Nm not 10 lbs. which is 88 Lbs.

I thought that sounded all wrong when I wrote it. Guess I ignored the asterisc.

I always torque my pan more than my heads. :D

I bought an "inch pound ratchet" at Autozone fairly cheap. It works great.

D

TurboDave said:
You mis read. It's 10 Nm not 10 lbs. which is 88 Lbs.

Yep I was just looking down the list I didn't read the asterisk next to it. Either way with a cork gasket those bolts I never kill them on tight.
Thanks for the clarification

EVIL said:
I always torque my pan more than my heads. :D

I bought an "inch pound ratchet" at Autozone fairly cheap. It works great.

D

Yeah thought that didn't sound right

It really depends on the gasket being used. Those blue silicone gaskets can't take much pressure without distorting where a cometic or thick cork gasket can take allot.

Used a felpro. The blue ones. Replaced and torqued all to 88inch pounds except for the front 3 I couldn't get to with the torque wrench and had to a regular wrench. Leaks worse then it did before and my fans stopped working too...only in a TR.

Used a felpro. The blue ones. Replaced and torqued all to 88inch pounds except for the front 3 I couldn't get to with the torque wrench and had to a regular wrench. Leaks worse then it did before and my fans stopped working too...only in a TR.
I used a cometic oil pan gasket
Got from champion
Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app