Oil pan Gasket?

turbotaone

Rubber or cork, which one seals the best? I have a rubber felpro gasket on the car now and it leaks(I probably overtightened it). Do the cork ones work better?

Thanks
James.

RJC also handles them. Johnsperformance also handles them.

For the rubber felpro ones to work, there can be no oil on any surface and you can't over tighten them at all. I have a rubber one on the TTA, been on there a little over ayear and no leaks. The felpro on the GN started leaking within a week and now its got cork and no probs.

For the rubber felpro ones to work, there can be no oil on any surface and you can't over tighten them at all. I have a rubber one on the TTA, been on there a little over ayear and no leaks. The felpro on the GN started leaking within a week and now its got cork and no probs.

yup...clean is the name of the game :cool:

op gasket

Hi,
I had problems with my TType leaking after I did a rear seal replacement, and I'm pretty sure it was the pan gasket at fault, not the lip seal. I used the OE silicone rubber Felpro, have since bought the thick cork Duttweiler replacement, which I will install when my rebuild is complete. Sorry I can't tell you how this will work, but I understand a lot tighter seal is provided by the cork.Of course, it is a lot easier to do a clean installation with the engine out and on a stand. I hope you resolve the problem, because I understand how annoying leaks are! Good luck....

I put a cork gasket on Saturday(not a fun job), no leaks so far. Time will tell.

Thanks
James.