Oil leak by filter

Alaskabuick

I noticed a leak by the filter today. Looks like it it dripping from the housing that the filter screws too. looks like it is where this housing (the one with the two cooling lines) hooks to the front cover.

Is there and o-ring in there? I would imagine that is the issue.

Thought I might ask here 1st before diving into it.

thanks for any help!

Dennis

I noticed a leak by the filter today. Looks like it it dripping from the housing that the filter screws too. looks like it is where this housing (the one with the two cooling lines) hooks to the front cover.

Is there and o-ring in there? I would imagine that is the issue.

Thought I might ask here 1st before diving into it.

thanks for any help!

Dennis

Yup, you need to replace the O ring. Be sure to buy the oversized "O" ring offered by Kirbans or G Body Parts. Good idea to have a couple spares around .

Im having the same problem just ordered the o-ring from kirbans hopefully it gets here by the weekend so I can install it..

Go to a pool supply store. They have the o ring just have to match it up its a bit thicker then stock. And it seals so much better. There 3 bucks

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Go to a pool supply store. They have the o ring just have to match it up its a bit thicker then stock. And it seals so much better. There 3 bucks

Pool supply.... come on Bro... did you see my screen name? haha.. 2000 miles to the closest pool supply..

Could not resist that one.

Well I was actually glad to see that it was an o ring and not something else more in depth..

thanks guys for all the help..

Dennis

Sounds like your area is an untapped market for pool supply stores! It could be a legal monopoly!! :D

I you need an Oring I have one I can mail you for $5.

Pool supply.... come on Bro... did you see my screen name? haha.. 2000 miles to the closest pool supply..

Could not resist that one.

Well I was actually glad to see that it was an o ring and not something else more in depth..

thanks guys for all the help..

Dennis
Just trying to help . guess
Ill mind my own business

Just trying to help . guess
Ill mind my own business

Yes and I thank you!

I was just kidding with you thats all.

Please dont take it the wrong way...

sometimes reading text does not come across the way it was meant to.

Thanks for the help.

Dennis

It's most likely the o ring. I would check the adapter - the piece that the lines screw into, mine leaked from where it was pieced together and I had to replace it also.

IIRC its a #144 oring stock and #145 is a lil thicker

Thanks for the replys guys and the offer on the 0 ring. I actually matched it up at the Caterpillar dealership, they had one.

Thanks a bunch.

Den

good deal. I was scared postage from GA would be more than $5! lol

Actually it I dont think it would of been for a small item.

Large stuff shipped here is a fortune.

I really appreciate the offer and it was a nice gesture from a fellow Turbo owner..

Dennis