Oil in up pipe

Meno19

what's the cause of oil in up pipe did some reading and found it could be the turbo seal. If this was the turbo seal would this cause the car to smoke like crazy out of the exhaust after warm up. Posted a pic would like some feed back please. Thanks in advance

Heres a pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    753.3 KB · Views: 155
Possibly.

It's defiantly time to pull the intercooler and clean all the oil out of it too.

Oh yeah, get rid of that Fram filter.

Possibly.

It's defiantly time to pull the intercooler and clean all the oil out of it too.

Oh yeah, get rid of that Fram filter.
I found the link on how to clean the inter cooler but the link wouldn't pop up does anybody have a link to that.

1) remove intercooler

2) pour gas into intercooler

3) slosh

4) Pour out gas noting the color.

When the gas starts coming out oil free, dispose of the cleaning solution in a machine that has a Briggs & Stratton engine.

5) reinstall the intercooelr.

1) remove intercooler

2) pour gas into intercooler

3) slosh

4) Pour out gas noting the color.

When the gas starts coming out oil free, dispose of the cleaning solution in a machine that has a Briggs & Stratton engine.

5) reinstall the intercooelr.
Ok thanks will do tomorrow. But what would cause this oil in the pipe then? What should I check next?

If you still have the tube that runs from the PS valve cover, toss it.

Could be the PCV if you have the wrong intake gasket

Could be the turbo.

That's a lot of oil. Probably coming from the turbo. When this happens on a diesel it's a really bad day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably.

Clean the intercooler and see if it gets oiled up again pretty quickly. If so, you might want to mail your turbo to Bison and let him go through it.

Probably.

Clean the intercooler and see if it gets oiled up again pretty quickly. If so, you might want to mail your turbo to Bison and let him go through it.
After I clean the intercooler and reinstall it how long would I have to run the car to see if it gets oiled up again. And also I do have the breathers on both valve covers.

Depends on how much oil you're dumping. If new oil shows back up quickly, you'll know it won't be buildup over time.

Pull the hose/pipe off the turbo compressor outlet and see if there is oil there. If so then the turbo seals are suspect.

It appears that the PCV vent on the turbo bell is capped off. So any oil won't be from that. It may be getting pulled through the PCV into the vacuum block on the top of the TB. Then running down and out the TB intake.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Pull the hose/pipe off the turbo compressor outlet and see if there is oil there. If so then the turbo seals are suspect.

It appears that the PCV vent on the turbo bell is capped off. So any oil won't be from that. It may be getting pulled through the PCV into the vacuum block on the top of the TB. Then running down and out the TB intake.

RemoveBeforeFlight
Yes there is oil at the outlet. Just started removing the intercooler now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 87
I had the same problem but with less oil mess than yours. Get a new turbo or a new center section from Bison and be done with it. t