Oil Explosion!!!!

y26

Well, I believe a blew an oil line probably the oil cooler lines, but anyways the entire engine is soaked in oil.... Whats the best thing to clean up some of these parts?? Any thoughts?

Thanks

Well i actually have not fully checked for the problem, but the entire front of the motor, pully's, IC, ETC is really soaked in oil and i lost a few quarts of my engine oil. I will need to investigate further. Does simple green really work that well??
Thanks

check this

turbo oil return line is the likely culprit, mine broke twice befor e i put on a braided steel one.

buickbert

Where does the oil return line break? Ive got some oil squirting all over my oil pump, filter, bottom radiator hose, and really all over the place in that area. Its not a huge leak, but its getting pretty bad. Its coming from the oil return line, but it looked like it was coming from the gasket from what I can see. Given the parts stores around me are totally worthless for getting GN parts, this is bad news. This is my daily driver. Does the tubing break where it meets the mounting plate? Dammit I need a welder. I was thinking that maybe switching over to 20W-50 has caused a drainage problem and now things are bursting. :mad:

There is very little pressure in the oil return. The oil just "falls" out of the turbo. If you have it sprayed everywhere, I doubt that is the cause.

Simple Green=#1

blew a hg a few years back and it blew oil all over the front passenger side and no coolant in the oil, it took a little cleaning up and digging around to figure out

simple green or greased lightning both are great stuff for cleaning but figure out you're problem so you don't get this suff on the inside i don't think the engine will like it. :eek:

Oil Hose

At some point in time, the original oil lines @the filter adapter are going to let go. Lost one back in 1990 on the way home from work. Bought 2 new ones and noticed that they were built better. Mine let loose @ the end where the swedged end was. Newer lines have better braiding! Dealership told me a change was made during the 86-87 model line. Good luck w/leak!!!

oil explosion

check to be sure you didn't push the rubber gasket out on your oil filter. I had this happen and it sounds like what you described. HTH

Tom Walker said:
At some point in time, the original oil lines @the filter adapter are going to let go. Lost one back in 1990 on the way home from work. Bought 2 new ones and noticed that they were built better. Mine let loose @ the end where the swedged end was. Newer lines have better braiding! Dealership told me a change was made during the 86-87 model line. Good luck w/leak!!!
I think the change was in 87. Ive owned 2 86's with the Exxon Valdez hoses on them. I have to check my new car to see if it has been replaced yet.

Got an oil explosion of my own now. I had a little leak that was spitting oil out on the lower radiator hose, filter, pump, etc. I pulled the heat cover off the turbo and saw it was the top oil feed line. I pulled it apart and used some loctite on the threads. What sucks is that when that oil feed elbow is tight, it doesnt line up at all with the oil line, so I had to leave it loose and hope the loctite would do its job. Well I didnt have enough time to let it harden cause I had to get to work. I'm almost to work and the car wreaks of burning oil. I pull in a parking lot and there's oil everywhere...its smoking and burning, and looks like someone chucked an open can of oil on my engine. This sucks :mad: Had to drive 35 miles with it like this.