Oh My! Bad News- Need SE US Eng Bldr

bogie1

I have been hearing a banging/rattling noise trying to figure out what it is. First I thought it was my new Turbo. I disconnected my serpentine belt this morning and the noise was still there. I could tell it wasn't the Turbo because the car was just started.

That leaves either a Main bearing or rod knock. I have good steady oil pressure. Some times it sounds like a hammer hitting metal and sometimes it rattles.
Either wat I don't think there is any way around pulling the motor.

Does anybody know a "Reputable Buick Turbo engine builder within 400 to 500 miles of cental NC?

I am not going to drive the car anymore, and it will need to be flat beded abd hauled.
TIA

I am still glad I didn't sell this car last year.
:D

Well if you go south to FLA, Look up Cal Hartline, If you want to go north to CT use RPE machine in west hartford

Make sure the crank sensor is tight and not hitting the pulley. Mine did that last week; big relief!

could also be the flywheel or torque converter bolts. Or another good mechanic would be GN-T-TYPE he is a member here.

Also check the cam sensor, they will sometimes make a noise also. Far as an engine builder goes you could check out Rich Kibler, he is in Garner NC. He is also a board member. Hope that helps.;)

There's a good shop in Greensboro/Winston-Salem, I believe it is Turbo Tune. He has a dyno, and lots of turbo Buicks are there. Contact:
Mark Riley

Phone:
(336) 378-1252

before ripping the motor out, check all of the above, but also make certain that it is not upper valve train noise, cracked rocker, bent push rod etc. you would be surprised how similar they can sound like a rod knock