A Big Suprise & a Test. Very Long story...

I notice you wasted no time !

The Evo goes out side from now on, THAT garage is reserved for the Buick ! ;) Keep those bolt-ons coming !

Welcome back

Glad the radiator worked out for you. The car looks great. I would have to say you did a good job picking this one. Stop by and see us next time your down.

Fabulous Story, and Welcome Back, I've had a Few "Other" cars recently too, but like you I just LOVE these Buicks and ALWAYS come back...Classic and Quick...nothing else out there like 'em. :smile:

Great story! So true about the car testing you. My car has tested me a few times, but things are coming togeather.

When the car breaks or something isnt working. Its time for an upgrade! :biggrin:

-Adam

Sometimes I think Turbo Buicks owners are just a bunch of masochists. :)

I think I broke down at the exact shell station in my 67 Mustang 2 years ago on my drive back from Detroit! I made it to an autozone and it was a bad ground on my voltage regulator.

Wow Patrick I didn't realize how much crap you really went through the other night until I read this post. Glad you made it home in OK shape. The car is definitely testing you already. I can't tell you how many times my car has tested myself. I can't wait for this damn weather to break so we can get our cars out and play!

Oh I know what turbo that is! I used to kinda have one just like it...only yours is cooler:)

patrick, you write a better article than most car magazines do, good job, did dave show you his nice truck? later oc.

Yeah Don, it was definitely one for the "Patricks Stories of _____" book.
Hey Odell, good to see ya. Thanks for the complement, and Thanks everyone else as well. Yeah, I gotta stay on Dave about his multiple projects at the Fiscus Ranch. I always kid him everytime we talk, asking him what he's done to the car lately. And I say, don't worry, it'll be 2 weeks before Bowling Green before you know it and then we can start trashing. That's another trend that even I was guilty of back in the day. I actually tried my hand at the magazine article deal, I wrote an article in Fastest Street Car magazine that was published in the July 2005 issue entitled "10 Seconds of Silent Thunder." Unfortunately, I never received payment for my article from the Editor of the magazine or the publishing company. I gave up hope on ever getting paid for it after 8 months of trying. One big lesson learned that I can share with anyone whose thinking of pursuing a magazine writing career, "Always get a contract in writing before turning in any article authored by yourself." I didn't have anything in writing other than my name and credit as the author printed in the magazine. But after all the legal fees and hassles if I wanted to pursue any justification, it just wouldn't be worth it. I've chalked it up to a hard learned lesson. I also look at it this way, if my article helped even one Turbo Buick owner with his or her car, then it was worth it.
Here lately, I've been trying to live by the phrase, "Always make sure the juice is worth the squeeze."

Patrick

Congrats Pat! I looked and looked for a blue car like that and never found exactly like I wanted.. I'm jealous!

Nice car Pat and glad to hear your back in the "Buick" relm. Is that "Wild Bill's" old car? Look to be in really nice shape and I too love the dark blue.

I know what ya mean Jason. I really fell in love with the Dark Blue when I was putting Todd Wynnes' old Blue T together back in 2000.
Yep, Steve bought it from Wild Bill back in Sept of last year. Steve barely put 200 miles on her while he had her. Looks like I'll be working on some bolt ons this weekend. Little turbo... Stock location PTE IC... plug wires & seperators... new K&N cone... Lotek twin pillar gauge pod with AM Z-series boost and electric oil pressure, body bushings and braces... Metco valve cover breather & fill tube, install recovered steering wheel (Thanks G-bodyparts), clean & paint the heat shield, change valve cover gaskets, clean & paint valve covers, change oil and filter, O2 sensor, plug wires, and clean clean clean. I just hope the temp warms up so I can give her a good wash and wax. Looks like I'll have a perfectly good condition PTE front mount IC for sale here very soon, any interest out there? I'll put it in the For Sale section probably Sunday evening. The TA-49 has already been spoken for.

Patrick

Patrick,

Since our drivers are twins maybe I will copy your turbo choice.
What are you going with my brotha?:??

It's a Garrett T3/T4 dual ball bearing 6031RE with a TO4E compressor cover and a .63 PTE housing with standard actuator. In old school terms, this is a dual ball bearing TE60 turbo. Man, I gotta say, this PTE water coolant line and factory oil line kit is sweet. Installation looks to be painless. Picked it up from PTE.
Should be plenty for mid to low 11's on alky or 100 octane and should really rip with a 3000 stall. The TA-49 on her now spools up instantly. I can't imagine what the new one will be like. :eek: :cool:

I know what ya mean Jason. I really fell in love with the Dark Blue when I was putting Todd Wynnes' old Blue T together back in 2000.

Patrick

I heard that car is now for sale.......:eek:

That was one of the nicest cars I have seen in years.

Cool deal Patrick! Glad to see you back man! You have the exact combo I have in the limited, I have #50's and a Turbo Tweak street 93 chip is the only difference!:smile: That car is beautiful! Im jealous of you being up there in Indiana, thats where the heart of the Buicks are and some of the big guns live. We hung out with Leeo the whole time we were working the hail storm in Indy. We set up at the Nationals at Indy and fixed alot of dents in alot of Buicks. it was awesome. I hope we get to see you at BG!!

Jason

You guys fixed most of the dents in "Sarah" at the HP nationals. I just did'nt want you to drill holes to get the hard to reach ones.....nice job!

Patrick, enjoy the car.....i really loved "her" :)

Peace WildBill