OGS PRO-Pain kit question

87owner

I am finally getting ready for the install. I just got out the stuff and looked it over. I have the old setup with the green and black wires together on the solinoid. Any way, only one knob has stops and turns freely lock to lock. The RED overboost and the yellow knob at the bottom are just like srewed in. They tighten down as they go in , and if you turn them CC they come all the way out. Is tis right? Just want to make sure its supposed to be like this. THANKS

You shouldn't be turning those knobs that far out. :eek:

I'd write OGS and ask for the proper settings from factory, before you break something... like your car. :D

Yes it is correct, the only problem is now you have absolutely no idea what they are set for. Before you turn on the propane, hook up a boost source (car off, controller powered up) and gauge and set it to a reasonable level (10psi), the solenoid will start clicking when activated (50%DC) and the overboost light will come on when that is set.

They are actually screws pressing down on springs in the pressure switches so do not bottom them out and try to keep going, you will damage the switches!!!!

And cut the GREEN wire:D :D

So whats the danger in going to a really low turn on point and increasing from there. The yellow light will light up when it turns on right? And the over boost is just an indicator for whatever psi I set it to, right. Even before I turned them, I had no idea what they were set at, the yellow one was all the way out and the red was all the way in. Are you guys saying they were precission set at the factory. CRAP! I am thinking I can drive the car and just start easing them in until they start to do stuff. Is that wrong? THANKS

oh and whats the best way to route wires from inside car to trunk. its getting dark and I am losing patience.

I can't help with the install but, wires to the trunk I can. Follow the wire for your trunk light and power trunk release ( if you have one). It goes in along the side of the back seat on the driverside and runs to the dash area. If you remove the screws on the threshold on the driverside you will see a black plastic tube with a wire or too. These go to the trunk area.

ok got it all installed and buttoned up. I am about to go try it. Does anyone find a huge problem with just slowly turning in the knobs while under boost to get them in the appropriate range. Or should I test it with a pressure source first.

Originally posted by 87owner
ok got it all installed and buttoned up. I am about to go try it. Does anyone find a huge problem with just slowly turning in the knobs while under boost to get them in the appropriate range. Or should I test it with a pressure source first.

I found it a whole lot easier 'benching' it first. Now that I've driven it, I'm gonna pull it down and bench it again, only this time I'll buy some "letraset" rub-on numbers and label the faces of the knobs with the correct 'boost' increments.