OFFICIAL: wheel/tire picture thread... show em off!

Jr's those are some cool looking Wheels can you post wheel size / back spacing / tire size

Hey guys just a quick question, I just bought a new set of wheels and my rears have about 1" between the rim and frame. Is that enough room or will it rub? I eventually plan on notching the frame but wanted to enjoy it a bit before going under the knife

Hey guys just a quick question, I just bought a new set of wheels and my rears have about 1" between the rim and frame. Is that enough room or will it rub? I eventually plan on notching the frame but wanted to enjoy it a bit before going under the knife
Tire or rim? I can't get a pencil between my tire and the frame! If you meant tire, then one inch? Yea, your OK.

If you meant rim which is what you wrote, (you probably did) Then I guess it depends on the tire.

I meant rim, I plan on throwing a set of 295/35/18's on the back for now until I notch it
Rims are 18x10.5
If you have a 10.5" wide rim and have 1" of space on the inside, you should be good. While all tires of the same width number measure differently in reality, a 295 should be about 11.6" wide and fit that 10.5" rim nicely while being about 1/2" larger than the rim on each side. Given that your aspect ratio and diameter indicates more of a modern size and not the classic drag radial or muscle car profile, you probably have a tire with a decent load rating and stiff sidewall. This is good in this case as it won't bulge too badly and rub on the inside. Heck, I ran a 295/35-19 on a 9.5" wide rim for years on my G8 and it did not bulge much at all.

I think you should be ok.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Ok great thanks here's a pic of the fronts 18x9.5 with 255/35/18

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 540
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 571
Finally got my wheels... Will post pictures up soon

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 400
007.JPG
dark stars 15x3.5 and 15x8 4.5bs 275 60's that will barely rub the left fender molding in sharp driveway

Last edited: