OFFICIAL: wheel/tire picture thread... show em off!

The Centerline Revs are one of the few wheels out there with a 4" backspace and a 275/60 should really be run on an 8" rim or wider. (though I never really had a problem with them on 7" wheels) You will get a better footprint with a wider wheel.

In the past I ran a set of Weld Draglites with a 3.5" backspace and they stuck out too far for my taste. My car sits pretty low too and things get real tight when you do that.

Here are some pics of the new wheels, plan on lowering the rear about another 1/2" or so.

Fronts I ran 15 x 6 with 215/65's to get a faux "skinny" look without the hazards.

Thanks for the response, I'm finding this forum very useful.

Here is a pic of my Streetlites that I powdercoated black.

IMG_1850.jpg

IMG_1851.jpg

Nothing worthwhile. We did have some professional photos at a street car event, but his hard drive crashed, so no go!

JDFAST you don't have to notch to put an 11' wheel if you want to run a 305 just nee the right backspace, ypu will have to trim the wheel molding.

JDFAST you don't have to notch to put an 11' wheel if you want to run a 305 just nee the right backspace, ypu will have to trim the wheel molding.

What BS would you recommend? I would like to keep the wheel about where it is now compared to the fender. I already rolled the fender lip. Im pretty sure that If i want to keep it where it is and run an 11 I'm gonna have to run a 17x11 with 6.25" BS. If you have any pics of a 17x11 car with no frame notch where the wheels don't stick out to far I would love to see it though. Thanks

I'd like to run a 315/35 nitto 555r which runs pretty narrow compared to other 315s

JD if you a search of 17x11 you will see a post for DrBuick's RSE car with 17x11 315/35/17 no frame notch offset 4.75 CCW wheels That car was my insperation for my setup.

CAR: 86 WH1

Wheel size:

FRONT: 17 x 8
REAR: 17 x 9.5

Back spacing:
FRONT: 4.5"
REAR: 4.5 "

Tire size:

FRONT: 275/40/17
REAR: 245/45/17

Make/Model of tire: Kuhmo Ecsta MX

Make/model of wheel: Centerline Billet Retros

Brakes: ceramic pads, braided stainless steel lines

Aftermarket Spindles: no

WH1pics005-1.jpg

WH1pics006-1.jpg

WH1ScottWatts.jpg

CAR: 86 WH1

Wheel size:

FRONT: 17 x 8
REAR: 17 x 9.5

Back spacing:
FRONT: 4.5"
REAR: 4.5 "

Tire size:

FRONT: 275/40/17
REAR: 245/45/17

Make/Model of tire: Kuhmo Ecsta MX

:confused::confused::confused:

Is this like one of the riceburner FWD cars where you run a fatter front tire :biggrin:

Car and wheels looks great though.

Matt

It's funny when we went to dyno days , there was a GN there with 275s on the front and 245s on the rear. The guy he bought the car from had it this way I am sure by mistake but was funny.:biggrin:

The 275's are on back i just typed it in the wrong place. Im normal, i swear. Ask all my other personalities.