OFFICIAL: wheel/tire picture thread... show em off!

question I need some wheels.
I would like to go either 15x7 in front and 15x8 in back or 15x7 all around or what is best?
I have a stock 81 sport coupe.
I want to do a s-10 brake upgrade in the front down the road and maybe a basic rear disc conversion. nothing fancy as this is a carbed turbo.But will be stock for at least a year.

Is a 4" backspace ok on a 7" rim? what backspacings would I need on each size?
what about the best tire sizes?
I want some nice looking but not too spendy rims.
sorry about the questions but it seems to me I have seen 3.75 and 4" used on a 7" rim so Im hoping either is ok.

[quote="Longball... let me know if you like the little "extras" on the door handles and the engraving on the engine parts.. Ill let you know where I got them done!.".[/quote]

I love the the blacked look too! :) Can you post up a full side view of the car too?
I am going for a total blacked out look myself on my car but I would consider getting door handles like you have. Adds a little splash of 'color'. LOL
Yeah, let me know where you got them done.

question I need some wheels.
I would like to go either 15x7 in front and 15x8 in back or 15x7 all around or what is best?
I have a stock 81 sport coupe.
I want to do a s-10 brake upgrade in the front down the road and maybe a basic rear disc conversion. nothing fancy as this is a carbed turbo.But will be stock for at least a year.

Is a 4" backspace ok on a 7" rim? what backspacings would I need on each size?
what about the best tire sizes?
I want some nice looking but not too spendy rims.
sorry about the questions but it seems to me I have seen 3.75 and 4" used on a 7" rim so Im hoping either is ok.

I have a retro wheel I bought on ebay front is 15x7 215/65/TR15 and 15x8 0n back 245/60/TR15 on the rear.These wheels I bought put tires on and installed on my car with no spacers at all.Fit right on perfect. Doesn't scrub anywhere.

CAR: 87 Turbo-T
Wheel size:
FRONT: 15x7
REAR: 15x8
Back spacing:
FRONT: 4.0 inch
REAR: 4.5 inch​
Tire size:
FRONT: 26x8.0 Mickey Thompsons
REAR: 275-60-15R ET Streets Drag Radials​
[U]Make/Model of tire:[/U] Mickey Thompson front and rear
[U]Make/model of wheel:[/U] Summit racing Fast Five Rims
Brakes: Stock
Aftermarket Spindles: N/A
No rubbing, and no spacers at all. And for $468.40 with lugs shipped to my door i can't complain.:)

View attachment 160295
anymore pics? love the look for the $$$$

Here's mine,

stock rims in the front with MT S/R 26x8x15
15x10 rims in the rear with MT S/R 28x12x15

I like the look but the rear needs to come down and in order to do that I need to roll the lip or start over. Right now I have bags and no rubbing issues. If I let the air out of the bags they will just tap the quarter lip on a big bump. I hate to roll the lip but I don't really have a choice if I want to run this rim and tire combo.

Reactions: Wes
Thats a good fit because that is a large tire! i'm planning on a 315 if all works out but i'm notched and the lip is half gone.

I have about 15 psi in the bags in the pic. That seems to raise my car maybe 1/2 inch. I also have new rear springs so they will probably settle a little bit.

If I roll the lip I think I should have the clearance I need to get the rear down about 3/4". I expect 1/4' from the spring and 1/2" from the bags. I think that will give the car a better stance. If I have issues there I'll go to a QA1 adjustable rear shock so I can tune the dampening for street duty.

Yes 3/4-1" will look way better plus the tire looks better sitting in the well a bit. I have Coil overs all around to help with the height tweeking.

barracuda1968, why dont you just trim the lip of the molding and quater? ive seen someone do that and you can hardly tell its not stock . it just take some time with a diegrinder and to trim em back

I'm not sure? I guess I figured rolling it would be a little safer than maybe slipping off with the die grinder. I'm a little punchy sometimes when I'm stressed out working on the car. :cool: I was thinking of rolling the quarter then trimming the wheel well molding off the car and reinstalling it.

Down the road if I ever change my mind the metal is still there to reverse it or I would just buy new wheel well moldings and put them back on to hide rolling the lip.

The thought did cross my mind though.

Once you roll the quarters it will be tough to get the back down. Not impossible. But if you trim the quarter and molding you can still by a new molding and it will look normal. Next time at cottons shop ill try and take some pictures of the car Brian did it to. It really looks slick. Do it and drop that car down and it will look badass IMO. Not that it doesn't look good now. Just think it needs to come down a lil bit.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Thanks for the input and I'd like to see the pictures when you get them.

You're right, sitting the a$$ end down a bit is what my car needs!

CAR: 1987 Buick Turbo-T WE4

Wheel size:
FRONT: 18" X 9.0"
REAR: 18" X 10"

Back spacing:
FRONT: 5.00"
REAR: 5.00

Tire size:
FRONT: 255 / 35 ZR18
REAR: 285 / 35 ZR18

Make/Model of tire: Michelin Pilot Super Sport

Make/model of wheel: Boze Mesh

Brakes:
Front: BAER Track-4, 13'' Drilled/Slotted rotors, 4-Piston Calipers
Rear: BAER SS4, 12" Drilled/Slotted rotors, 4-piston calipers

Aftermarket Spindles: Modified Stock spindles from BAER

Suspension: Front: DSE Tubular Upper Control Arms
Tubular Lower Control Arms
Front Replacement Shocks
2” Drop Coil Springs
DSE Tubular Anti-Roll Bar
Chassis Braces
Rear: DSE Swivel-Link Rear Control Arms
Dropped Rear Spring Kit
Rear replacement Shocks
DSE Tubular Rear Anti-Roll Bar
IMG_20131029_095055.jpgIMG_20131029_095106.jpgIMG_20131104_122113.jpgIMG_20131104_122239.jpg