OFFICIAL: wheel/tire picture thread... show em off!

x2, looks bad ass... did you color sand it at all?

all i know is my painter hand sanded the whole car to bare metal, and the paint is a "single catalyst" satin black. and he sprayed it but no sanding afterwards. i had the bumpers, doors, hood, trunk, spoiler and fillers off
but...it shows more fingerprints and dust than regular paint.

thanks for all the compliments:biggrin:

Gotta admit that flat black paint job looks niiiiiiiiiiice:eek::biggrin: Looks like a drive by is about to happen, better hit the d-e-c-k.

CAR: 1986 T-tye

Wheel size:

FRONT: 15x6
REAR: 15x8

Back spacing:
FRONT: 3.5
REAR: 37/8

Tire size:

FRONT: 205/75/15
REAR: 275/60/15

Make/Model of tire: MT Drag Radials

Make/model of wheel: Holeshot (Polaris)

Brakes: Stock

Attachments

• Buick 010.jpg
    Buick 010.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 3,218
  • Buick 011.jpg
    Buick 011.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 3,246
Thank You. It took me a while to decide on the wheel choice. The Holeshots are different, and bs can be custom ordered. They also offer upgrades to their wheels. Most importantly (MADE IN THE USA).

Thanks for all the compliments. I bought this car new and it has been a ton of fun. I finally got it repainted (took 7 months) but it was done right so i did not mind the wait.
chuck

teaser

teaser for now of new rims. i'll take some better pics when its done and some nicer weather.

Attachments

• Picture 1373 rs.JPG
    Picture 1373 rs.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 3,320
I don't know about anybody else, but this looks really awesome! I have been trying to find a place to get my rims rechromed but I may go this route instead. That reflective tape really sets them off nicely.

108520d1283094419-official-wheel-tire-picture-thread-show-em-off-blkowt-gn-129.jpg

After considering many wheel options i opted to stay with the original 87 wheel which we all know screams Grand National just wit more of a sinister look to me. I still love my AR torque thrusts , just changing the look for a few months. Better than leaving a 2nd set wheels to rot away and take up garage space.

they were easy to do. First i sent them to the powder coat guy to get then sand blasted. i opted for urethane paint with clear coat rather than powder coat because you can get a much higher gloss with urethane in my opinion. So off to the paint shop and wallah high gloss black stock gn wheels. i then wanted something different to make the wheel pop, so i added a reflective black 5/16ths vinyl stripe around the perimeter of the wheel so when on coming lights hit it lights up. i just used the stock lug nuts
CAR:1987

Wheel size:15

FRONT:15
REAR:15

Back spacing:stock
FRONT:stock
REAR:stock

Tire size:

FRONT:235/60/15
REAR:275/60/15 mt drags

Make/Model of tire:comp ta front / mt drag radials rear

Make/model of wheel:stock gn

Brakes:stock

Aftermarket Spindles:no

What a beautiful car you have , I really like your rims and tire set up and would like to know where I can purchase the complete set including spacers , my car is getting painted and I am getting the GNX fender flares installed so I will need the correct rims and offset .

That flat is hard to keep clean i had a chevelle that was hot rod flats loved the look but was harder to keep clean than a slick black.

Bbc gnx clone done my way

tsw wheels

rear- 20x10

front- 20x8.5

2 inch adapter on rear

re-drilled rotors on front

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 3,354
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg