Official 2010 WCN Thread (Phoenix)

bump again, guess im the only one that is super excited about this ???

bump, did some base tunning. glad i was able to make it out. found out the trans was shifting way early. had a electrical issue pop up. glad i fiugred that out. only got to make one clean pass. with the new tune everything looks good. found out the gears where way wrong in the diff so getting that fixed etc. stay tuned and see you there

anyways BUMP..

bump again, guess im the only one that is super excited about this ???

No, you're not the only one excited. We got the cage in the car, & are waiting on axles & belts. Hope to have it out at Speedworld this sat to do some tuning. If not, I'll for sure be out fri the 25th. CAN'T WAIT:biggrin:!

^ will see you there. atleast im not the only one in crunch mode. hell im going out to arizona a week early to try to get everything done

as of right now

i have a new gear set and master install kit coming needs to be installed sunday

governer is coming needs to be installed saturday

cal is tunning my car tuesday

car needs a bath

need to wire several things

new brakes front and rear

and the list goes on :mad:

All is set for our WCN event at Speedworld! :)

On Friday the 26th the gates will be open at noon until 4 PM for Buick participants who would like to park their trailer and/or car for the event.

You must enter at the Jomax Road gate ONLY on Friday afternoon, and use the Happy Valley Road entrance on Saturday and Sunday.

There will be "armed" security protection overnight as usual.

Last year we had a "Buick Bracket" race which cost $20 to enter. All proceeds were, and will, be paid to winners. We will decide on payback division of $$$ from participants, should it be winner and runner up, or top four places?

I know it is a little late, but if we had a commitment with a minimum of 10 entrants, ArizonaGN and possibly TA performance would sponsor a trophy.

Post your thoughts?

It is not yet shown on the Speedworld schedule, but I have been informed that the track WILL be open and operating on Sunday the 28th.

Look forward to seeing many of you there.

I'm going to try my best to make it. I'll know for sure after this weekend. If I do show, you can count me in on the Buick Bracket.

Piece of candy old fart?

I suppose I'd better bring some candy for you, keep you happy and on your game!

On Friday the 26th the gates will be open at noon until 4 PM for Buick participants who would like to park their trailer and/or car for the event.

You must enter at the Jomax Road gate ONLY on Friday afternoon, and use the Happy Valley Road entrance on Saturday and Sunday.

There will be "armed" security protection overnight as usual.

Last year we had a "Buick Bracket" race which cost $20 to enter. All proceeds were, and will, be paid to winners. We will decide on payback division of $$$ from participants, should it be winner and runner up, or top four places?

I know it is a little late, but if we had a commitment with a minimum of 10 entrants, ArizonaGN and possibly TA performance would sponsor a trophy.

Post your thoughts?

It is not yet shown on the Speedworld schedule, but I have been informed that the track WILL be open and operating on Sunday the 28th.

Oddball question here, but what are the chances of the track having electrical hookups for a travel trailer? I am trying to borrow a friends trailer to cut the hotel costs out so I can bring the family out, but the trailer doesn't have a generator... :frown:

Oddball question here, but what are the chances of the track having electrical hookups for a travel trailer? I am trying to borrow a friends trailer to cut the hotel costs out so I can bring the family out, but the trailer doesn't have a generator... :frown:

Ugh, never mind. Found the link to the track and called... No power hookups, which is what I figured... :frown:

Ok..........

its been a long time.
alot of work, cost, etc, (no different than the rest of you!)
loaded ( DROVE!) the car onto the trailer today, and proceeded to break a brake line with tie down,:(
still going, but car will remain on the trailer,
when was last time you saw this? LOL

see ya there!!!!!!!

STILL FOR SALE!!!!!!

Attachments

• t type  turkey day 004.jpg
    t type turkey day 004.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 236
  • t type  turkey day 003.jpg
    t type turkey day 003.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 217
  • t type  turkey day 001.jpg
    t type turkey day 001.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 233
I will not be going this year. As hard as I tried the front Aerospace passenger brake is locking up. This explains why the car launches right. After rebuilding the PM then replacing it with vacuum brakes with a new braided line and bleeding the brakes at least 20 times (I also replaced the line lock), I have come to the conclusion that the caliper needs rebuilding. I am really bummed out. I took the week off to get the car ready and have the truck loaded and the trailer hooked up. I will look at the Speedworld schedule and go out when the brakes are fixed.
Jeff

Man, I hope there are a few TR's making passes today (Sunday). I was traveling with the family for Thanksgiving, got home from the airport at 11Saturday morning and hit the road for a little 6 hour cruise by noon. Maybe just a bit late :redface:for the 29+ TR's that showed up (I asked the track lady how many there were, that's her estimate) RJ was still running his clean 87 WE4 GN, or at least mostly running. I saw him line up, turn a great 60' in the 1.5 range thne nothing:eek: completely lost power, at first I thought it was an IC hose as he coasted to the end of the track but it wouldn't refire:frown: It eventually did fire in the pits and idled smooth as warm butter, but it was getting cold (high 30's Brrr!) and he had already made a dozen passes so he wisely put it back on the trailer unitl the cut out issue is fixed. Good talking to ya RJ:cool:

Heading to the track in a few, I'm showing 4.4 knock retard on the ScanMaster and I'm 250 miles from home with no trailer so it looks like I am spectating today. Then a nice little 6 hour cruise home:cool:

Alan

Sat was great!

saw lots of action , and racers were able to make as many runs as they wanted,
saw Dick Kerney's big tire car go 8.27,
and his small tire car go 9.15 ( with 109 block)
Brent and his hot air went 11.15
I know there were others, but we were eating sandwiches from the ladies
(Mrs Kerney, Mrs Micale, and Mrs Hartline- BIG thanks to you ladies!!!!!!!!)
also saw Mr Kerney's motor with the inspection windows on the last run.
WOW, it blew out both sides of the block!!!!!! (sorry Dick)
weather was great, track was prepped great, Buick crowd was GREAT!!!!!
Thanks!