OEM GNX turbo, intercooler, exhaust new in OEM boxes

Motleyzo6

So I'm in the middle of a deal on all these parts that are brand new in the boxes that were bought in 88 I believe, orig owner 11k mile 87 GN that these parts were to go on but never did, owner is now 72 yrs old and will probably not ever use them, I am in the process of trying to get the car and the parts, yes they exist I have seen them, my guess is only the owner and myself know they exist, so I would keep the car but sale the OEM GNX parts, i was thinking $12,000 for everything, does this sound reasonable? Thanks and hope to have the car and the parts in my possession soon.

Depending on the mileage and condition of the car would reflect on the price.

It does sound like a good deal considering the OEM GNX parts though.

D

Depending on the mileage and condition of the car would reflect on the price.

It does sound like a good deal considering the OEM GNX parts though.

D
miles and cond are not what I'm saying, if I can get the deal done I will have these unopened GNX parts for sale and I will be keeping the 11k mike GN for myself

Ah I understand now.

I read it too fast.

OEM GNX parts can be pricey.

Personally I think 12k is quite a lot for those 3 items.

GNX turbos are usually in the $2500 range.

As for the other 2 parts I can't say but I believe they go for less than the turbo.

D

Just looking for general ideas, I mean these parts will never be available again, so I think to the right buyer they can be sold for a good buck

I could be off but not by much.

Do some research in the Gnx section and ebay. Gnx parts appear for sale often and a turbo was just listed for 2500 I believe.

D

Call Richard Clark , he can tell you exactly what the GNX parts are worth and may possibly buy them from you.

Bryan

I think $12k is way too high of a price, here's why. Even though the ebay gnx turbo Evil mentions is listed at 2500, it has never sold, it's been on ebay forever. The problem is the GNX turbos had serial #s that tied them to each specific car, so buying a different one and putting it on the car means people would know it's not the original turbo which could hurt the value of the car. Second, the GNX turbo is WAY behind on technology compared to todays current turbos and they are much cheaper then a GNX one, so it doesn't make much sense to buy a gnx turbo to swap it onto a non-gnx car. The intercooler while special again isn't comparable to todays technology and they are the same as the TTAs which still can be found. The exhaust pricing would depend what it all has, is it the complete system from the cat back? If so then I would say this could be worth some money. All this being said, I think the stuff you have is worth money, just not 12k.

BTW, Just some advice if RC doesn't buy anything I would put the stuff up on ebay anyways to try and sell it. I tried selling a Molly GNX jacket on this forum and had no takers which I found odd. But I put it on ebay and it sold within 2 days for 400 more then I had it listed on here for, go figure :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I too feel that 12k is too much. I have a GNX, I don't have the items you mentioned... I would LOVE to have them, there is no way I'd pay that for them. Of all of those parts, if you have a complete cat back exhaust that would be the most valuable part to have... If a person has a car that needs exhaust, needs a turbo it probably has a few miles on it. If a person is driving a GNX (more than a couple of thousand miles on it), paying huge $$$ for an NOS part like turbo/exhaust is probably not a consideration. My car has 25,000 on it and climbing, if I pull the Kriban exhaust off and replace it with factory stock the value of my car will not increase. Just MHO, I'd love to own the parts...I just don't have $12,000 + to have a couple of pieces sit on a shelf.

I too feel that 12k is too much. I have a GNX, I don't have the items you mentioned... I would LOVE to have them, there is no way I'd pay that for them. Of all of those parts, if you have a complete cat back exhaust that would be the most valuable part to have... If a person has a car that needs exhaust, needs a turbo it probably has a few miles on it. If a person is driving a GNX (more than a couple of thousand miles on it), paying huge $$$ for an NOS part like turbo/exhaust is probably not a consideration. My car has 25,000 on it and climbing, if I pull the Kriban exhaust off and replace it with factory stock the value of my car will not increase. Just MHO, I'd love to own the parts...I just don't have $12,000 + to have a couple of pieces sit on a shelf.
yeah I hear ya, if I can get the deal done then I will list on eBay and see where it goes, I guess to a true collector to have these items on a shelf would be cool to look at or nice just to have them, I'm hoping to get this deal done soon but the guy is very stubborn so I'm slowly working on him.

yeah I hear ya, if I can get the deal done then I will list on eBay and see where it goes, I guess to a true collector to have these items on a shelf would be cool to look at or nice just to have them, I'm hoping to get this deal done soon but the guy is very stubborn so I'm slowly working on him.
Don't give up, if the deals is really right on the car it make the parts worth spending more for! You are right, to some, just have spare parts is a thing. Good Luck to you!

GNX exhaust is the same as a 442 Hurst or GT Cutlass of the same vintage. Not all that special. JMHO, but I would put a $5K-$6K value on the lot.