OE Mass Air's

Original OEM is discontinued. There are used ones for sale here and there though.

There are aftermarket MAFS available. Brands I have used with success are A1Cardone (BigA autoparts) and Echlin (Napa).

Mucho important is that the body is NOT hourglass shaped. Make sure it is shaped exactly like the original. Save your receipt and if it the car runs bad, take it back and exchange it for another. I have yet to get a bad OEM shaped MAF, but others have not had the same luck.

Other options are converting to the LS1 MAF and translator (Ramchargers). Alot more money but you won't have to search for a good reman again.

Thanks for the info. Lucky for me I have been using a rebuilt Echlin with no problems. But I have to go through a few before falling on a good one.

Joe

Wells??

I did a web search, and found a write-up on a MAF from Wells Manufacturing. They make a lot of aftermarket and OEM parts. But I CAN'T find out who sells them!! The write up discussed how Wells had made them "tougher", since some of the OEM units in GM cars (like Buicks?) failed from vibration, so it sounded like it was more than just a "cleaned up" original unit. Anybody have a clue as to where these can be found?

Auto Zone carries the Wells brand BUT, the MAF replacement for our cars has not been available for some time, I haven't checked recently though.

May sound crazy, but a friend of mine couldnt get his car (not a TR) through emissions due to the MAF so he sprayed it with carb cleaner and dried it real good, passed with flying colors. Not saying it will solve all problems, but worth trying if you are certain your MAF is bad (Tried another known good MAF and ran fine).