OCC / JRD / Jesse James Build Off....

You guys are probably right. People definitely didn't vote for the bike itself. I guess in today's world its just the way it is, look at the last presidential election lol
EXACTLY!! LOL

Jesse James way of life is a hard core chopper bike builder/rider... Look at those older shows where there was Billy Lane, Indian Larry, Jesse James, and a whole slew of other bike shops/builders that built their "bikes" in a three way build off and then had to ride them hundreds, if not thousands of miles to a destination where the winner was decided, most those places were at a Biker event and "Bikers" decided on who won, Not on a made up stage of a TV show with teeny boppers and baby mommas deciding!! If that unveiling was held at a true biker event that outcome would have been a whole LOT different!!

If I was Jesse I would post up a challenge to do another build off the Right way but SR has to actually build a bike this time and the bikes Have to be driven to the event where the winner will be chosen and that place will be at a Bike show like Laconia, Sturgis, Etc.... Then let true bikers decide on who built the best Bike!

EXACTLY!! LOL

Jesse James way of life is a hard core chopper bike builder/rider... Look at those older shows where there was Billy Lane, Indian Larry, Jesse James, and a whole slew of other bike shops/builders that built their "bikes" in a three way build off and then had to ride them hundreds, if not thousands of miles to a destination where the winner was decided, most those places were at a Biker event and "Bikers" decided on who won, Not on a made up stage of a TV show with teeny boppers and baby mommas deciding!! If that unveiling was held at a true biker event that outcome would have been a whole LOT different!!

If I was Jesse I would post up a challenge to do another build off the Right way but SR has to actually build a bike this time and the bikes Have to be driven to the event where the winner will be chosen and that place will be at a Bike show like Laconia, Sturgis, Etc.... Then let true bikers decide on who built the best Bike!

I don't like the "Theme" bike and think most are crap. Jesse said it best when he looked back at Jr.'s bike and said "Look at that piece of $hit, the gas tank is a sheet metal cover" or something like that. On the Monday 2 hour special, Vinnie was whining about JJ's comments abount not fabricating the bike and was actually comparing themselves to Jesse. Then the first thing they do is take a frame out of the box and put it on the lift to start the build.

What would be more interesting is to see them build the bikes using the same tools and material, and limit them to only one or two helpers.

Allan G.

interesting. I never bothered watching any of it, but I did just googled what they look like.
sr's should be disqualified.
jj's is a nice looking build, but nothing really new or unique. the de-raked bobber look is getting pretty common in the chopper world. fun bar hoppers but that's about it. been there, done that, smelling my arm pits trying to look through the triple tree.

jr easily wins for originality, even if it is a theme bike. but maybe I'm just bias cause my life pretty much revolves around aviation, and my own mc sports a bottle cap vtwin.

I don't think JJ wanted to win when you consider what kind of circus this was..

And when you see him stand up there knowing he did it all alone, then PJ brings the "Team" up when they win..... its like .....well....

JJ has skills for sure but that bike was nothing special and looked horrible to ride. To say he made everything is BS to me. He had someone else do the motor and trans(just like the other 2), had a team of others come help him fabricate cause he knew he could finish it alone, i didnt see him do those wheels. And im sure i saw OCC build there own frame once upon a time and sure PJD could do it easily as well. He was the one saying he was timecrunched and was the last to say ok to the challenge. JJ has all the time in the world. They all seem like a-holes to me but i think on craftmanship PJD won even though i agree that Discovery channel should have set better ground rules about what they were building. None of those 3 are the best bike builders in the world.

Attachments

• paul-jr.jpg
    paul-jr.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 254
  • thumbnail-2.aspx.jpeg
    thumbnail-2.aspx.jpeg
    13.2 KB · Views: 252
  • thumbnail-3.aspx.jpeg
    thumbnail-3.aspx.jpeg
    9.2 KB · Views: 247
I agree with what most have said, i was afraid that i was the only one on earth that thought Paul Jr's bike looked terrible with those huge wheels.

I have always liked Jesse, and respect all of the skills he has, with going to israel to learn the art of blacksmithing his latest undertaking.

I thought he was real funny with his constant ribbing of Sr and Jr, and loved his joke about him building bikes in the motorcycle "theme".

If i had the money, i would try to get him to build me a old school bobber, love the look of those, if he would do it, i would not event think of having anyone else, if i had the money required.

I think PJ did a good job with his "theme" bike, the plane , the era, looks simular to the style of a WWII Harley Davidson to me, I agree the wheels are over the top, but I feel the same about seeing a set of "20's" or "Dub's" on some cars.

Harley-Davidson-1942-WLAE-EH-2.jpg

JJ definately "built" his bike, but nothing really new in the styling department, and hard tails were never meant to "ride good", just an image from the early chopper era.

SR, I thought it was a "Bike" build off, so OCC builds a modified sled design, over the top, yes maybe, jumped the shark? No Doubt about it.

Kevin.

I think PJ did a good job with his "theme" bike, the plane , the era, looks simular to the style of a WWII Harley Davidson to me, I agree the wheels are over the top, but I feel the same about seeing a set of "20's" or "Dub's" on some cars.

View attachment 149486

JJ definately "built" his bike, but nothing really new in the styling department, and hard tails were never meant to "ride good", just an image from the early chopper era.

SR, I thought it was a "Bike" build off, so OCC builds a modified sled design, over the top, yes maybe, jumped the shark? No Doubt about it.

Kevin.
if that was his intention he surely could have nailed something like that with a wwII bike build with a modern look. thats one of the best look HD's ever imo. he is that talented but he's too lost in this theme bike world right now. the horse build was OCC's lowest point.

They should have made them ride them to vegas, like they did on the original biker build off shows. Then the real bike would have won.

I can't believe ya'll can't see what's going on here!!! The whole thing was just another Discovery channel gimmick. Think about it! The ratings on Sr. vs. Jr. were starting to suck really bad, all of sudden J.J. comes out of obscurity to put up such a challenge??? It's pretty obvious it was a ratings ploy on Discovery's part.

I can't believe ya'll can't see what's going on here!!! The whole thing was just another Discovery channel gimmick. Think about it! The ratings on Sr. vs. Jr. were starting to suck really bad, all of sudden J.J. comes out of obscurity to put up such a challenge??? It's pretty obvious it was a ratings ploy on Discovery's part.

Seems to have worked...........

For Jessie, it was a chance to show that he could still build a badass bike, while getting his face back in public. And his point about them taking stuff out of a box or off a waterjet instead of hand building a bike was true.

The more I think about it, it was fixed. It would have been bad for business on discovery channel behalf if jj would have one. Jr is on their pay role. Their weekly show would have been about "the second best builder".

They're probably already working on a new show for Jesse. This was just a primer.

that I would agree with and would likely be much more entertaining then this soap opera on every monday night

That's the problem, it's really no longer a soap opera since Sr. and Jr. split up. Hence the ratings in the dumper. They needed to to something spectacular to spark some interest.