O2 Volts Not Stable At Idle - Normal?

dabobbo

OK, so I finally was able to cobble together a laptop from spare parts to connect to DirectScan, I'm trying to get this car tuned after a few years of being stored.

Looking at DScan readings the O2 Volts are swinging wildly at idle - idle is from 680-750 RPM (Red's 93 chip with a 700RPM idle), and the O2 volts swing from 180-790mV. I'm in closed loop and warmed up. When I goose the throttle to go to about 1200 RPM the O2 volts go to in the 880mV area and stays there (+/- 10mV). My BLM at idle is at 107.

I have a new coil and module, MAF, cam sensor, O2 sensor, and crank sensor. I'm just wondering what I can check if this O2 volt swing is not normal. Thanks!

Bob

Cool, thanks. I did a search and couldn't find a definitive answer, and I don't know anyone here in Central NJ with a GN/Turbo T that I can ask. I've owned this beast for 22 years through all of the ups and downs in my life and I finally have a little extra money to get it back to being a good driver.

Cool, thanks. I did a search and couldn't find a definitive answer, and I don't know anyone here in Central NJ with a GN/Turbo T that I can ask. I've owned this beast for 22 years through all of the ups and downs in my life and I finally have a little extra money to get it back to being a good driver.
well i am glad to see you kept the GN through hard times! a true GN/TURBO BUICK lover!!!