Now is the Worst time to sell a GN...

Agent86

"Would You Believe..."
I've noticed how hard it is to get a loan

I wanted to sell my GN 6 months ago, and never got around to it. I have 2 of them. Now, I'm going to have to keep it.

I noticed other people these days are getting much lower offers for their cars, more than I've seen lately.

It's going to be a long time before we're out of this slump.... THIS JUST SUCKS!

GOOD LUCK SELLING YOUR GN NOW- YOU'RE BOUND TO LOSE!!!! KEEP IT!

Now is the worst time to sell any assets. Especially a classic or muscle car. Unless you really need the cash, just hang in there. No one can be sure when, but the economy will rebound sooner or later.
I know my Turbo Buick won't be for sale at a discounted price just yet.

Man you guys couldn't be any closer to the truth. I bought my car for just under $10k this time last year, now I wished I would have just waited, I've seen some too good to pass up deals, especially on here. Of course getting the partial loan to buy it wasn't too difficult, but it may be due to being military.

But I also sold my last muscle car last Jan (didn't want to but had to) and took a 25% loss on it that what I had in it/what it should have sold for. So I know first hand just what you mean.

But yet I still look online and see people are still asking top dollar for their classics, or at least trying to. I'm guessing at this time most of the cars on eBay are probably not meeting their reserves.

Same thing even applies to some of the newer cars. Every newer 4X4 truck I've looked at, the seller is still asking close to top dollar, yet the hot seller now are scooters and 3/4 cylinder gas savers.

Houses it seems have also taken a hit. My grandmother passed on in March '07 and my aunt was left to sell the 29 year old house that my grandmother had lived in since '79. My aunt said she said she literally had to "give it away" as compared to what a house like it typically brings, and mind you this was a nice house in Lake Worth, Florida, less than 5 miles from the beach.

I've already to decide to hang onto my car until someone wants to give me what I have in it, or at least close to it. Not worth losing my ass on it it if I don't have to.

Cold hard fact

We have a easy 10 years to go b4 things start to turn around. They will get worse b4 getting better.

Within in the next (2) years car prices will turn around. The problem is now people arent taking out home equity lines of credit to buy their toyz...:rolleyes: