NOVA Emissions Testing

03FatBoy

I need to take my 87 in for emissions, and looking for suggestions for a "friendly" inspection station. I realize I have to pass the sniffer, but there are some minor bolt-ons that may or may not be an issue., I guess depending on the inspector. I live in Lorton.
This is such a crock of crap seeing as how I will probably put less than 3k miles a year on it, but...

Thanks!

Put the stock breathers back on and lower the fuel pressure. Maybe an emissions chip if you don't pass. If your car is in good tune and does not have any radical parts on it, things should be O/K.

Thanks...

I do have the stock oil fill cap assembly and the front mount breather and tube, but I have a TE44, so no breather inlet. I may just snake it around somewhere where it is not visible, fill it with a Scotchbrite pad for the inspection. Any recommendations as to the fuel pressure?

Thanks!

What chip is in the car now? I pass emissions with no problem with one of Erics emissions chips($20.00) He recommends fuel pressure set at 38lbs. instead of the usual 43lbs. for emissions testing.

Chip

The chip says 42.5, 93 octane and that matches the Lucas green stripe injectors. I will put the cat on hopefully this week, along with the stock breathers, turn back the fuel pressure and keep my finger's crossed. If that fails, I will have Eric burn me an emissions chip.
Thanks for the info!

Will headers pass emissions in NoVA? I know that it won't if you don't have the stupid heat stove pipe attached from the exhaust manifold to the air cleaner on the older ones (found that out on my '81 Olds). But are headers an emissions no-no?