Colorado Emissions

black87buick

I'm doing research now on what may be required. I'm moving to Jefferson County.

Once I receive the car from the shippers I'll take pictures. This is the configuration I bought the car in (in AZ).

Car has:
  1. Modified intake - I believe EGR port is ground out if I understand what I'm looking at.
  2. EGR valve in place.
  3. CAT removed (but I do have it)
  4. TT 5.6 60# Inj "no emission" chip
  5. Alky injection
  6. 61mm (can remember at moment) Turbo.

Questions:
Since Colorado is a little lame in the department of allowing pleasure vehicles (not used daily) to by pass emission testing with insurance restrictions I have the following questions:

1.) Is a visual inspection of emissions components performed?
2.) Is the roller test straight forward, accelerate to 40MPH and brake, cruise and repeat?
3.) Is there a recommended shop most familiar with dealing with older vehicles?
4.) What would your approach be given the information above?

Thanks in advance.

Wow I thought ma rmv inspections sucked. But anything over 15 yrs needs not pass emissions or visual here so no worries here. I suppose you could put in an original shitty idle emission chip and hook up the egr and cats and hope it passes visual and sniffer and after test swap chips and block off egr.

I live in colorado and I've passed the emissions test pretty easily.
1. There is a visual inspection bit they've never noticed my missing egr and carbon canister.
2. The roller test is varying speeds throughout.
3. My recommendation is to put a new cat on and if you're worried spike it with e85 or 104.
The main thing is passing the sniffer test.

I live in colorado and I've passed the emissions test pretty easily.
1. There is a visual inspection bit they've never noticed my missing egr and carbon canister.
2. The roller test is varying speeds throughout.
3. My recommendation is to put a new cat on and if you're worried spike it with e85 or 104.
The main thing is passing the sniffer test.

Excellent, thanks. I'll hook up all the emission stuff, flush the fluids and put some denatured alky in the tank and hope for the best.

You guys are too far north. You need to head lil more south,co springs,Pueblo they don't have no testing.welcome to the Rockies black 87.

No Emission testing in Pueblo? My Mom lives there and my car is a CA car. Do they do a VIN inspection to bring in a out of state car?

Vin inspection is required if you title here in pueblo.but there is no emissions here.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Well if you ever make it down this way hit me up.Happy Boosting.

I've still got the rest of the year to tidy things up for mine. Still have the AZ reg. and insurance. ...btw that was what the DMV lady told me since my DDs are registered already as in state...she recommended to wait out the out of state tags/regs on the remaining vehicles, trailers etc. so I am.

I use to live in Estes Park. All of Larimer county has emissions testing, however, Estes Park was exempt.
I bought my car new in Iowa, have lived in Ohio, North Dakota, Colorado and back to Iowa. Not one emission test so I don't know how they do it.
I'm not sure if the Turbotweak emissions chip would help or just spike the fuel as 5280GN suggested.

Let me know if you need any help. Trying to get a meet together once the weather stays nice and I get my engine together.

@5280
When do test an tune start at bandermiere track?

April 15 and 16 are the first ones. I'll be ready by then. Hopefully this trans stays together

Done you good this long.longer then it would of for me.

With the new dbb 6262, ported heads and 210/215 roller cam I'm going to be putting down a lot more power.

I forget your getting crazy wit it.ill try to make it to the race's this year.

Anyone of you guys living in/near Meadow Brook heights? 470&Wads? Seem this neighborhood is the place that everyone and their mother has a second garage and a few cars.

I'm over by Santa Fe and 470, in Highlands Ranch. I'm hoping to get back out to the track this year.