not crank, and sometimes goes dead.

unobetr

ok.. so heres the skinny.. i replaced the cam sensor.. now sometimes like i will run to the store.. come out and it will not crank.. wait a bit. and it fires up.. this morning coming to work, it dies right before my office driveway.. so me and someone else pushes it into the parking lot... i go back out in like 10 mins fires right up.. oh also i tried and tried to crank it after it went dead.. nothing. any ideas???

Clean and check your leads off the battery terminals? Maybe a loose connection causing an intermittent power connection?

Or possibly a break in the wire that sends power to the ECM. I helped my friend diagnose some problems with his GN. Ended up being a break in the wire just past the fusible link barrel. Cut it out and pig tailed it and was good and working fine. Eventually he replaced the dead fusible link with an inline fuse holder.

Next time it happens see if your pump does the 3 second prime. On his car with the power dead to the ECM his 3 second prime wasnt working making us contemplate a dead/dieing fuel pump.

It ended up being he replaced the battery. Not saying he caused the connection to break but possibly he helped it along.

To look for breaks in the wire bend it in your hand around a finger and draw it over it. If you notice the insulation looks of smaller diameter in spots then there is the break.

Sounds like a loose connection. The car wont crank at all? If so, you either didnt get your hot connection on the starter tight or there's a problem in your steering column with your ignition. Even with the computer power comletely disconnected (meaning all the sensors are dead), you can still crank the car.

im thinking it is the coil pack module. i have a gen2 on the car.. i have a gen1 @ home with a broke spade.. im going to try and repair today and put the gen1 on the car.

could be a bad battery ground. Ground must be solid/perfect. Really not enough info. You could try being more clear. When you say won't crank, what do you mean? Won't start up because the battery's dead and you have nothing, or starter engages but car won't start? How do you crank it and crank it when it's dead? Have fuel pressure?

Sounds like no power is getting to the ECM. My friends GN we jumped the relay of his fuel pump to get it going the pump was firing up and ample fuel pressure but since the ECM wasnt seeing power the injectors werent firing.

Something as simple as not seeing that little break caused us to think it was something drastic when in fact if we questioned the last thing he did was replace the battery we may have had a better idea where to start.

I would double check connection to the ecm. If it is an intermittent problem then you may have a partial break at the fusible link.

has fuel, just turns over and over and over.. never even hits..

ok, well since it is cranking and you have power to the fuel pump, the starter connections are good, the ECM is getting power since the pump is triggered to run. I'd bet on the crank sensor being loose or going bad.

Interested in seeing more info you can gather when the problem happens or what the fix ends up being.

If I am not mistaken if it is a power issue to the ECM then the SES light wont lightup. I suppose to count this out as a possibility if you cause the problem again. See what dummy lights come on if the SES light is on then what I have described isnt your problem.

mine did that once bunches of times it was the fuze link between the ecm and battery. its not a fuze like resitior....right their at the battery... hope that helps cant explain that right...sorry.