Not a good day...

A week ago Monday my blood cell count was 284,000.
I just go the results from this Monday and it was down to 56,000!!

That just blew me away... I guess those 3 qts a day I drink do good. :- )
I'm getting close to that 4-11,000 range!!

This past weekend I went out to my shop and got caught up on a few things, a couple hrs at a class reunion and visited a cousin that was up from Colorado, and a nephews b-day party- thats the best I've felt in weeks and am still doing well!! :biggrin:

Who says prayer doesn't change things!! ;) Amen!!

So gald to hear it Mark. Looks like you're getting it taken care of and send me a note if you want to chat.:cool:

More Buick prayers coming your way. I hope you continue to improve and beat it.

X2! Great news...so glad you're feeling better....the power of prayer is amazing isn't it?

It sure helps to have a lot of friends like you do and one BIG FRIEND up above.

Let us keep hearing the good news from you.....sure made me feel better today reading this. God Bless you, Mark, we're all praying for you.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Tried calling today but the cell service here sucks. 3 times and it wouldn't connect. I'll see about calling tomorrow bud.:smile:

Praying for you brother, Didn't see this till now. Head up and keep truckin...

A week ago Monday my blood cell count was 284,000.
I just go the results from this Monday and it was down to 56,000!!

That just blew me away... I guess those 3 qts a day I drink do good. :- )
I'm getting close to that 4-11,000 range!!

Well, Monday my count was down to 13,900!!

Very glad to hear it Mark. Tried calling and I guess I've got the wrong number. Says it's disconnected?

Update-

My white blood cell level is down to 11,500!
I've been cleared to return to work on Monday... No restrictions!! :cool:

Update-

Fantastic news Mark. So glad to hear you're doing better. Now maybe you can make it to a few races this year.:cool:

Just caught the thread. In my prayers. Congrats on the great news and keep the fight going!

Update-

WOW! That is wonderful News! I started reading this thread from the very beginning and continued to read ALL posts before posting my reply and I got to here and couldn't believe how fast those white blood cells went down.. Glad to hear that your feeling better and that you can return to work..

Scot W.

Count today was down to 10,500!! Back in the normal range!! Had a dr. appt. and he couldn't find my spleen, so it's back up behind my ribcage!! When I was diagnosed it was the width of my hand (about 3-4 inches) 10 cm below my rib cage- so it has shrank that much in 2 months...!! Went to work and had a good day, was good to see everyone again!! :)

Well, it's been a while since I went back to work and so forth- so I thought I'd give a little update on the situation...

Been on the Gleevec medication for several months now and that drove my platlets (blood clotting) to the low side-
so about 4-5 weeks ago we cut my medication in half (200 mg a day) which has allowed the platlet number to get back
into the normal range. My white blood cell count has been in the 6900- 7800 range (nicely staying in the middle where it should be)
for several months. I keep telling others- this is the best I've felt in at least a year if not longer... Had alot to be Thankful for this year!! I have a blood test this Monday and will see the results from that and may go to once a month (currently every other week) and every other month dr. visit (currently monthly) So, its looking good and life is pretty much back to normal!! :)