NOS Chrome H/L Bezels

AintNo8

NOS Chrome H/L Bezels
NO scratches
NO clouding
NO thin spots
NO copper showing
these are very,very early GM replacements
when they were still made in the states.
Not made in Mexico,NOT made in canada
These things are mint.These are the best of the best.
$360.00 shipped.
First come first serve on the thread only.I will not answer PM's
#25525091 #25525090 Thanks,Dave

Attachments

• Early NOS HL Bezels.jpg
    Early NOS HL Bezels.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 245
would like to discuss but am out of town at a conference until Wednesday eve...hold for discussion Wed? Please provide a contact number... thanks...

I would just like to say thanks, AintNo8 (Dave) for the H/L bezels & sorry Dave, (dz28), for beating you to the punch. As promised, these are the best of the best, without exception, and with no equal. They came Friday while I was at work, very fairly priced under the circumstances considering what these are, excellent communication, packaging, Thanks again, Dave.
TIA/R: Gary Wells

Gary, no apology necessary. I could have jumped on the parts long before they went to you but I only needed the right. Need is also a relative term as my original parts are excellent and if I really got down to it could have them replated. Enjoy the bezels... I'm sure with both of us owning chrome cars our paths will cross again. Dave

Dave (dz28):
FWIW & IMHO: thanks, just for future reference, though, these make the other ones look like junk. I bought a set of right & left chrome headlight bezels & a set of the assemblies that mount on them from dealer about 2 years ago, maybe 3 years ago, and with a 15% or 20% discount it all came to about $ 200, or something like that. It all was made in Canada on the old long ago worn out tooling, came complete with scratches underneath the chrome, tissue paper thin chrome plating showing through to brass and / or copper, and are no comparison to these good old boy "made in US of A" quality pieces. I mean no disrespect towards Canadian brothers & sisters, either. the assemblies going on top of the bezels were OK, but the bezels were terrible. If you should find an "integrity & quality minded" "plastic" chrome plater, please let me know. Sorry to hear about your problems a while back with the PM, but about 4 years or so back, I had opportunity to buy Dennis Kirban's last genuine NOS Powermaster Assembly, complete, new in the box, for what was then a small King's ransom, and after reading all of the fun that you had with yours, I am glad that I did buy it and hold on to it.

Agreed on the quality; having worked for GM for 24 years (no longer I might add) I am quite familiar with their Service Parts Operations. GM has and had a bad habit of letting tools go when the end of production was getting closer. Made in Canada means Standard Products probably did the servicing of the bezels. Years of grinding and finishing by die workers probably took the nice edge off the parts and when servicing GM is not the best at production line quality. I'm sure I'll end up replating my originals some day, just wanted to have an NOS set in the boxes on the shelf to look at.

Relative to platers; I paid a visit to these guys during my many trips to Nashville last year. Try contacting Advanced Plating. Chrome Plating and Powder Coating, they do very nice work and seemed genuinely concerned about their reputation and respective quality. One of these days I'm going to pull my bumpers off and send them to Nashville. My bumpers are actually decent for GM (I also used to work at the stamping/plating plant that started making the Regal bumpers starting with the 1981 model year). As I recall the metal was very thin compared to Malibu and full size truck bumpers...

Don't even get me started on the whole PM thing. I missed an NOS one on eBay about 4-5 months ago, the guy wanted $1200 bucks and ended up selling it for $750. That would have been another basement shelf part as it wasn't going on the car. Interestingly enough when going through the entire brake system I found the car had the original cast iron proportioning valve. I found an NOS brass valve in San Diego and it went under the car. It very well could have been the overall problem but now I have a vacuum system (after much fun trying to get a Hydroboost to work from PBS) and the performance is much better than I expected. I don't plan to go bigger on brakes front or rear so these should be just fine.

I noticed that "Powercrapper Bob" disappeared from the forum about the time that you needed help on your system. That sucks and you can bet that he or his business will never get a dime from this old man. Did you ever get your money back from them?