Northeast (CT) Tranny rebuild?

Hot Air 85

turning parts into TR
Is there a know reputible shop in the Northeast to aid in the rebuild of my 1985 200-4R, so far the bad would be pump don't know what else. Need a shop and an idea of cost

Thanks

Get a hold of Russ Merritt, He is in Mass,But will most likely meet ya somewhere,Does an insanely nice job
He is a paying vendor here

Check with Jack Cotton. He is in Mass. also. He will treat you right.
Conrad

I was at Jacks a few weeks ago, and he had a '85 trans on the shelf---ready to go! Brian

I dealt with Hamden Transmissions.
They rebuilt the BRF 2004R from my 87 GN about 1.5 years ago and its been great.
Price was very reasonable and I got a 6 month warranty
Trans is awesome.

They know their $hit and also built the TH400 in my big block Chevelle 6 years ago and now it has 12K+ miles and 5 years of drag racing under it belt w/NO issues

What kind of $$$ on the rebuild in Hamden....Cotton's is on the shelf rebuilt (supposedly better than stock I know its not a BRF) but no core charge for $995

What kind of $$$ on the rebuild in Hamden....Cotton's is on the shelf rebuilt (supposedly better than stock I know its not a BRF) but no core charge for $995

Depending on your goals and HP level, you can go in several directions. If you are stock, and plan on staying that way, a stock build up would be OK. If you push your car hard, race it, or plan on upping the HP, skip the stock build and get something decent. As far as I know, the '84-'85 200r4's do not have BRF valve bodies, so an upgrade to a '86-'87 tranny would be the way to go if you have to have one. Jack has both on the shelf, so the choice is yours----depends on your needs and cash flow. The transmissions Jack sells ARE built by a very reputable TR guy, so yes, they are better than stock. HTH, Brian

Russ Merritt has the BRF one's ready to go to :cool: you can get it all sorts of performance levels :eek:

ill do you a brf with 1 year warrantee installe with restalled d5 for 1200.drive in and drive out in 2 .5 hours.in stock STOCK REBUILT 2004R TRANSMISSION

This high quality rebuilt 2004R transmission is for stock/slightly modified engines.It may be used for turbo Buick applications with stock 231 cid engine and turbocharger and Monte Carlo SS applications with stock 305 cid engine .The transmission is assembled with all new clutches,steels,Alto red racing band,bushings,thrust washers,gaskets,seals,sealing rings,heat treated stator tube, heat treated sun gear shell,Buick Grand National intermediate servo assembly.steel pump rings and all the components included in our SHIFT RECALIBRATION KIT #24RSRKA.
#2004R/SRHDT $899.00
2004R stock rebuilt transmission with heavy duty/towing.
#2004R/SRHDT $899.00
2004R stock rebuilt transmission with high performance street calibration.