Noob Question>> NA 3.8 with TUrbo

lol Good stuff.
Those heads have a an extra rib cast into the coolant passage just next the the cylinder on each end on the head. and those gaskets have the same rib too match it. I've blown a lot of head gaskets on the other heads without that extra rib and my gaskets I was using at the time also didn't have that extra meat. They would ALWAYS blow out into that particular coolant passage.

Ha Ha Ha Ha.........

806.jpg

heres some carnage to gander at. Happened yesterday.

fun stuff. totally trashed it all except heads, intake and exhaust. cool huh?

:eek: A.j.

I don't make typos my friend, I copied and pasted someone else's typo! I just copied it so someone else could pic it up. He's new on the board, I'll take the heat for it though-LOL!

Don't worry warwagon, I give it out to everybody and myself sometimes. I'm not mean, just hilarious:biggrin:

How did you do that A.J.?
lol looks great!!! I beat the crap outta my stuff and I never get anything as cool looking as that!

You need to blow that pic up and save it for your wall Aj. That's almost as bad as my buddies 350 he trashed on the track last year. Rods were hanging out of the block on that one.

when i first got my car i went to the local gm dealer to price out a long block and the na engine was what gm was offering as a service replacement

You need to blow that pic up and save it for your wall Aj. That's almost as bad as my buddies 350 he trashed on the track last year. Rods were hanging out of the block on that one.

LOL... i chuckled for about 20 minutes. I need to take more pics. I think I offically joined the DOTCC..... lol. broken in half and the back part went tumbling of the road.

it was all good fun until i realized I was in the middle of the desert. no one to bee seen for some time.

This was a lovely experiment gone wrong. 19lbs of boost, 5400rpm and a junkyard tired engine and a stupid ignition mistake.

lesson learned, my module in the ignition was stupid wrong. it advanced and plain fried me out. I dont think there could have been enough alky to save it. sad, because my 3 day old alky kit was really proving its value.

sooo....... I pluck a new 3.8 out of the pile, grab some used pistons the ball hone and all i need is a good turbo crank!

woo hoo, attempt number 4 to be soon!

So theres your proof! 19PSI WITH A CARB TURBO!

:rolleyes: A.j.lol

LOL... i chuckled for about 20 minutes. I need to take more pics. I think I offically joined the DOTCC..... lol. broken in half and the back part went tumbling of the road.

it was all good fun until i realized I was in the middle of the desert. no one to bee seen for some time.

This was a lovely experiment gone wrong. 19lbs of boost, 5400rpm and a junkyard tired engine and a stupid ignition mistake.

lesson learned, my module in the ignition was stupid wrong. it advanced and plain fried me out. I dont think there could have been enough alky to save it. sad, because my 3 day old alky kit was really proving its value.

sooo....... I pluck a new 3.8 out of the pile, grab some used pistons the ball hone and all i need is a good turbo crank!

woo hoo, attempt number 4 to be soon!

So theres your proof! 19PSI WITH A CARB TURBO!

:rolleyes: A.j.lol

I want to see the rest of the pics Aj.:eek: LOL I've had some issues like that and I just wanna see for myself. I do have 1 back up if you really need it. I polished the throws so you'll need to have it ballanced but still. PM me if you need it. It will need the bearing areas polished at the least and it was ground 10-20 but it looks ok. I also have the NA crank on the other 1 and it's a 10/10 but it's an NA crank after all.

I want to see the rest of the pics Aj.:eek: LOL I've had some issues like that and I just wanna see for myself. I do have 1 back up if you really need it. I polished the throws so you'll need to have it ballanced but still. PM me if you need it. It will need the bearing areas polished at the least and it was ground 10-20 but it looks ok. I also have the NA crank on the other 1 and it's a 10/10 but it's an NA crank after all.

i probably have 6 or 7 NA cranks to use, but I would really prefer a turbo crank. the crank that was in this engine was an NA crank so I think im done with those.
I threw out a wanted add and I have had a few bites. But thank you anyhow for the help charlie.

However it looks like I will be stuck for awhile, I will be out in the sticks doing some testing for work, so I will be out of the shop for atleast a month... I dont know how im going to live with out my TurboBuick!

:biggrin: A.j.

Sucks to be out in the sticks but if you need the crank PM me and it's yours as far as I'm concerned. It is my back up after all.

Sucks to be out in the sticks but if you need the crank PM me and it's yours as far as I'm concerned. It is my back up after all.

Yea, the way out desert this time of year is brutal. oh well...

thanks Charlie, I really appreciate that! But I did get a crank today, all ready to go ..... too bad it wasnt a buick, but that super duty is mighty fine.

1ab.jpg

:biggrin: A.j.:biggrin:

Yea, the way out desert this time of year is brutal. oh well...

thanks Charlie, I really appreciate that! But I did get a crank today, all ready to go ..... too bad it wasnt a buick, but that super duty is mighty fine.

1ab.jpg

:biggrin: A.j.:biggrin:

Well at least you're showing me some pics finally.:biggrin: What's the stroke? Looks like a stock one but the pics a little small.:eek: