NON-GN POSI Rear-End Question

bagged84regal

Does anyone know what all rear ends will fit into my 84 buick regal? I am looking for 3:73 Gears and I know that I have a 10 bolt 7.5" rear end but I dont know where would be the cheapest to get it or what other cars besides montes and cutlass that will work. I need the posi effect obviously and would consider the GN rear end which is a 8.5" if im not mistaken but they seem so pricey. Please help me out if anyone can thank you in advance.

If you are looking for junkyard gears or posi unit, the Camaros and S10 Blazers used the same 7.5" internals. Just make sure the axle splines are the same... I think in 88 or so, they went from 26 to 28 splines.

If you are looking for junkyard gears or posi unit, the Camaros and S10 Blazers used the same 7.5" internals. Just make sure the axle splines are the same... I think in 88 or so, they went from 26 to 28 splines.

I was told today at a local swap meet that i should prob swap it all from 26 to 28 spine because the 26 spine is the weakest point on the rear end and is the first part to break. Any truth to that or is that just something i will not have to worry about with only 375HP?

375hp is not the problem it is what you are doing with it. with steet tires being driven on the street your fine. On the other hand some stickies and a hard lanch via a convertor or a manuel trans and your through. to bolt right in you need a rear out of a g-body the turbo buicks,hurst olds, and 442s are the only ones i know of that came with a 8.5, maybe a wagon but idk

375hp is not the problem it is what you are doing with it. with steet tires being driven on the street your fine. On the other hand some stickies and a hard lanch via a convertor or a manuel trans and your through. to bolt right in you need a rear out of a g-body the turbo buicks,hurst olds, and 442s are the only ones i know of that came with a 8.5, maybe a wagon but idk

Yea i will have bigger rims on the car and dont really plan on burning rubber too often i just want the posi there in case i do plan on locking up and taking a race against someone who thinks this regal is slow :D Im new to all this for the most part and with the help of a very good friend im learning as i go, so sorry in advance if i sound like i dont know what im talking about b/c in reality i prob dont!:smile: