no start,need to confirm!!

Ok here's the deal. Go to start the car turns over fine, runs for about 1-2 seconds and stalls out.

1: key in the on position fuel pump primes

2: start car runs 1-2 seconds and dies out (lack of fuel)

3: after it dies out (key still on) pump primes again!?

4: tried connecting the wire behind the alternator and pump doesn't run

i"m thinking oil pressure switch or fuel pump relay!?

need some help with this thanks:confused:

What chip do you have?????

What work has been done to the car that might cause this??

Sounds like you have the anti theft feature in your Extender chip. You'll need to go through the anti theft procedure to get the car started.

And please don't ask here on this public forum for the procedural steps. This is a public forum and anti theft info should not be broadcast here.

well thats a thought, but how about the fact that the fuel pump doesn't run when i plug in the wire behind the alternator. it used to work before?

As far as the security in the chip i thought the car would only crank and not start at all!?

What changes have you made. The test wire behind the alternator goes directly to the pump. The pump should run with 12V applied to it unless the wiring has been changed or there is a broken connection somewhere.

well thats a thought, but how about the fact that the fuel pump doesn't run when i plug in the wire behind the alternator. it used to work before?

As far as the security in the chip i thought the car would only crank and not start at all!?

The anti theft feature will allow the engine to fire and run for about 2 seconds and then die.

well i guess i have to hunt down the manual that came with chip and gen II,it's buried in the garage some where. I'll post back with the results.

The battery did go dead during the winter. Could be computer (chip) went to default mode when it was charged up again!!

thanks

well i guess i have to hunt down the manual that came with chip and gen II,it's buried in the garage some where. I'll post back with the results.

The battery did go dead during the winter. Could be computer (chip) went to default mode when it was charged up again!!

thanks

That's exactly what happened. When the system voltage drops low enough (something under 9 volts) the chip resets to default.