No start issue, corroded ECU connections

krisking94

basically been dealing with a no start. Believe it's caused by corrosion on my Ecu connections. Fuel pump does not prime. Fuel pump relay does not click on when powering up the car. The Hotwire relay by the gas tank does. The other relays on the fender by the FP relay do click when powering on though. Here are some pics of the Ecu

Attachments

• IMG_0496.JPG
    IMG_0496.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0497.JPG
    IMG_0497.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0499.JPG
    IMG_0499.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 158
Those harness ends are junk either get new harness or get Caspers harness end and a good soldering gun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, that is really horrible looking.
The ECU definitely had been in contact with a good amount of water.
Replace the ECU and the harness connectors with Caspers pigtail replacements. Need to address the water leak for sure.

The white residue is tin plating that has oxidized. When you see green, the brass terminal beneath it is corroding.

AC condenser drain is the main cause of this. The drain either breaks or clogs, funneling water onto the molded grommet - then gravity does the rest, channeling water directly into the ECM. Electrolysis occurs since there are several grounds within the harness connectors, along with positive signals. Major corrosion ensues....

If the connectors were on the bottom instead of the top, you'd never see that kind of problem.

No-start is common when the Orange MEM feed wire terminal, C16, corrodes out completely. I've seen it happen several times over the years.

Time for a new connector pigtail or terminal/connector replacement, and replacement ECM. You can't fix it by cleaning and spraying with tuner cleaner - once the tin plating is corroded off, it must be replaced.

I have a set of Ecm connectors if u wana splice it in. They are a lot better then what u r working with . I would also look into getting another Ecm

When I did mine I got the gm number for the individual pins and unpinned it one wire at a time and crimped a new pin on with the proper W crimpers. I'm sure I've posted the number here before if you search under my username or I could maybe dig out the extra few pins I have and get you the number.

When I did mine I got the gm number for the individual pins and unpinned it one wire at a time and crimped a new pin on with the proper W crimpers. I'm sure I've posted the number here before if you search under my username or I could maybe dig out the extra few pins I have and get you the number.
Yea I was told you can take out each pin in the connector. How do exactly, I do not know

If you splice it instead of repinning it there are some nice connectors that combine solder and heatshrink into one step. Much more fun to use than old school. You shrink it together then carefully melt the solder. much less cumbersome.

Okay I figured that's how it was done. What about the poster in the background, is that for sale?
No the poster is staying on the wall for now . But the Ecm connectors I would be willing to let go .