no spark issue???

FFT. It's sometimes necessary to move the cam sensor when switching ignition brands. I've ran into that more than once. A tell tale sign of this, the motor kicks like timing is off when trying to start.

Sorry I have not seen that happen guess you learn something new everyday (sure don't make since why a working part would not work on both cars,that's not even logical,but then again its a buick lol.

Believe me when it happened TWICE I was at a total loss and didn't even want to dive further into actually figuring out exactly what caused it.. at that point I didn't have more time to actually get to root cause... just know that the DELCO module / coil worked and after market ones DIDN'T .. and it was repeatable over and over.

First car I saw this with was a DFI car .. I wrote it off as a sync issue .. when I tried the DELCO module and it fired without a change to the MAP .. then I was on to it.

Also have seen customers frequently bring cars to me with a breaking up or popping issue when going above stock boost levels .. guess what .. first thing I take a quick look at is to make sure
its NOT a WELLS ignition module ! ( notorious for this).

Guess its like the same reason some stockers run mid 11's while others can barely break 12's :(