no race

MARINES185

seems no one wants to race me when i'm in my gn but
everyone wants to race when i'm in my dually pickup.
i usually get most people off the line cause that diesel
got 370ft/lbs of torque. i hate ricers.

Same thing here. So i started modding the Tahoe. K & N and a Jet PCM so far.

Scott

deception option maybe?

I can see where most GNs would have a problem getting a race because well...who wouldn't be intimidated by a sinister All Black Car? I guess we T-Types get all the fun. with our chrome features and vast color options...by time they see any cues that we're a 10 sec turbo car...it's too late!! anyone know if wire hubcaps can take a 10sec run? hmmmmmmmm......

I hear that, man. I was in my beater Saturn (I know, I know, it's a Saturn, but it tries hard) tonight on my way home from work when a white trash kid and his chick tried to race me in a probe. I hit the "perf" button on the trans (holds the valves open longer) and made the front end dance on the wet pavement, but I let them go thinking "Congradulations, you just beat a stock Saturn SL2. What a feat!"

Your Saturn 'performance button' only changes the transmission shift points. Sorry, but nothing to do with valves.

Jim

I think he was trying to say that it holds the gear longer which he thought the valves in the valve body were holding longer, not the valves in the motor

I know the feeling.If I'm out in my 94 Plymouth Sundance "with the little factory bubble hood scoop" all the little ricers want to play.Alot of them don't know it has a 3.0 and is pretty quick thru 2nd gear.If alot of them are out cruising I'll play a little with them,then i go home and get big brother GN and he bullies them around.

Ya Ya, that's right. What the hell was I thinking? I know it just changes the shift points. Truth of the matter is, it doesn't really make the car faster at all. The only reason I could rip tire in the first place was cause it was wet. For christ's sake, It's a friggin SATURN the damn thing slows down when you turn the AC on! (So does every car, really, but you really notice it in the saturn)

Install a normally aspirated, 'blisterless' Regal hood, remove all the turbo-6 emblems and you just might sucker a few unsuspecting hotshots... :cool: