no power???

blackbird

skunk works
hi guys, i just got back from a six month tour and i tried to start the GN but the battery was dead so i purchased a new one and the car still is getting no power!! i turned the key to see if i get the self test but not even that comes on. i appreciate any help you can offer:)

just got through checking the battery cables and it seems that the alternator cable is grounded out, the engine turned a little but i think i need more power to start it up.

Welcome back blackbird and a big "Thank You" from us patriots and vets! :cool:

first check all your fuses and the fuseable links that are attached to the starter. I had one go on start up and another one went while driving, causing the engine to die right on the road! I relocated them to the positive battery post. one suggestion, if you decide to do something similar, don't use a fuse to replace the fuseable link. :smile:

WoooooHOOOOO!!!

got it to crank and the car has power throughout...but, it still wont turn on, it cranks over but wont light off :confused:

What did you do to get the power distributed?

the possibility of a bad module is at hand, located under the coil pack. first check for spark and fuel delivery. You can pull off a plug wire and put in a known good plug and ground it out. use a pair of insulated pliers if you are going to hold it. then have someone turn the engine over and watch for the spark. if you do, it's not the module. a fuel rail mounted gage is helpful at this point, because while you are looking for spark, you could check to see if you have fuel pressure. It should be 43#s w/ the vacuum line off.