No power under boost

clonegnx

I just bought a 86 T-TYPEcar trhat has been sitting for a few years. I changes the oil, checked the vacuum lines all the checks you normall do.
The car started and runs excellent, but when I steps on it it backfires sputters and has no power. Idles fine, but when I try to bring up the boost pops sputters, etc

Where to start????

Thanks in advance,

KEITH

You haven't ...

listed your mod's, it would be of great help in making an educated guess. If your using a maf sensor, it is possible that it is the problem. If you tap on it, and get a stumble, it's bad. If you have the flex hose, check to see if there is any holes, tears, etc. in it. it will suck in unmetered air and it will cause all kinds of problems. Have any scan tools? Codes?:confused: Done any work on the cam sensor?

When my 87 did this after I had bought it, it ended up being two things....bad coil pack and fading stock fuel pump.

You can check the coil pack by running a ohm meter across the individual coil from tower to tower. If I recall...you should see like 12K Ohm and my coil pack was reading 8M Ohm.

I've also seen other guys post that a bad alternator can cause this.

My car did the exact same thing... One you tried to get any power it would just sputter and pop... Ended up being the fuel lines, they were in pretty bad shape... I ran -8 supply from the tank to the fuel rail and -6 return, new inline filter, and a new Walbro340 pump... Never looked back, never had a problem, and it went in the 10's with that set up... So basically check for fuel pressure, ignition, spark, etc, etc... Welcome to the wonderful world of Turbo Buicks...lol...

:eek: sounds like mabe the ignition module do you not have spark at any of the wires or just the one

Turned out to be the ignition fuse, now back to figuring out why it studders a bit under boost. I am going to drop the gas tank and installed a new walbro fuel pump, hotwire kit and fuel filter...It also had a thumbwheel chip in it I removed that and put a stock chip in

This should be a good start.

More to come,