No More Jeep GC SRT8... Now, 2011 Shelby GT500....

DJ Red Barron

Door-To-Door Pipelayer
Picked up a 2011 Shelby GT500 Thursday. It's got the SVT Performance Package with Stripe Delete & the Electronics Package. The only mod thus far is the obviously tinted windows.

Here are a few pics after cleaning it up a little:

01.jpg

02.jpg

04.jpg

03.jpg

09.jpg

12.jpg

15.jpg

That is a sweet ride...what is the horsepower for the GT500?
Thanks man! 550 HP stock. :D

Nice, congrats. Really liked that Jeep though!
Thanks! I loved the Jeep, too. But I got hooked on a GT500 a while back & had to get one.

I like the NO STRIPES !!!
Thank ya! Yea, I like it clean, too. But I have to admit, I like Shelby stripes. So satin black MAY go on the car. Very subtle, yet keeps the car clean looking.

wow. hands down one of the best lookn cars ever made imo. looks great w/out the stripes. lucky u

I liked the Jeep too! However, that stripe delete was a great choice. Car looks perfect!

If you decide to put stripes on it, either have them painted on or get some really good UV resistant vinyl stripes. Ive seen those Shelby's 3-4 years old with the factory Ford vinyl and they are already fading badly.

the only stripes I like on the 500 are the ghost stripes. I seen them on a 500 at a car show over the summer and it looked great. very subtle

If you decide to put stripes on it, either have them painted on or get some really good UV resistant vinyl stripes. Ive seen those Shelby's 3-4 years old with the factory Ford vinyl and they are already fading badly.
Definitely. I wouldn't pay what Ford wants for them. $1800 is ridiculous for vinyl stripes. I will go with a very good grade vinyl, or paint. I am not sure yet which.

the only stripes I like on the 500 are the ghost stripes. I seen them on a 500 at a car show over the summer and it looked great. very subtle
Brett, that is exactly the look I will be going for. Here is a good example of the look I want:
GT500SatinBlackStripes.jpg

nice,
im guesssing around 50k for your ride?
Thanks!!

That's a good guess.