No Lockup at WOT, locks fine normal driving

Warrant

My 200-4r does not lock up at WOT in either 2nd or 3rd. I have it setup to always lock up in 4th, and it does fine. I also have a override switch and am able to lock it in 2nd or 3rd. Normal driving around town, it locks just fine after flipping the switch on 2nd or 3rd. If I put my foot into it locked, it stays locked. WOT in either gear however it does not lock.

Any idea on what this could be? It is a 200-4r I built my self, no computer, 9x11 converter. Ill have the pan off this weekend, what are some things to look for?

In a stock brf there is two psi switches in the valvebody.
They are 3rd and 4 th gear so the ecm knows its in either gear for lockup.
The factory chip does not lock at wot.
The chip burner has to program that into the chip forced lu at WFO.
Long story short the ecm has no way of knowing its in 2nd without a psi sw and its not a straight forward install of one either.
With that said i highly advise against forcing lu at wot as its hard on trans and slowly kills tcc.
Instead get a good convertor

I am not ecu equipped.

I'm only using only 1 switch on the valve body to automatically lock in 4th.

I thought 9x11 converters were pretty good, and trans is all billet so it can take WOT Locks

What solenoid is in there? If it's stock or unknown order an aftermarket one. The stock ones dont work well if the charge pressure is high.

I actually don't know, it came in a custom pieced together kit that I requested from Dana? I think his name was, from pro built. I would think its probably a quality stock replacement, but who knows. Might was well replace it while I am in there. Is there a particular one I should get?

Ok pan is off, everything looks beautiful in there, I think I remember now, the solenoid was actually from the bowtie overdrive lockup kit.

I installed some gold thick washers between case and the solenoid, I can't remember why, but looking over the instructions I don't see any mention of putting those washers on, could there be something with that?

I'm actually going to be pulling the valve body off, is it possible it could be a valve problem in either the pump, or valve body?

The universal TCC Solenoids fit the 2004R & 700R4 Trans. When installing in the 2004R the Washers are required for spacing/fitment.