No.Jersey Island Dragway

krom415

Wondering if anybody uses this track seems alot closer than E-Town any info would be great thanks

Yes, it hasn't been updated really at all but you can get alot of runs in there. I too had my best run 60', et, and mph there. Friday night is really for "street cars" and it does attract that "crowd". Sunday's would be the best. All in all its a good track. We should be heading out there this month with a new set of sneakers and a couple of other updates....:cool:

I ran my best times there, too. They do a decent job. Friday nights are hit or miss. Sometimes it's jammed and you can't get any runs in, and sometimes you get as many runs as you want. Personally, I like smacking down the imports.

Sundays are test-n-tune, and it's usually pretty crowded. I'm going this Sunday (4/5) anyway, though, to test my new setup.

Jim

Certainly isn't a $hithole as mentioned above. The tree is pretty new and it was just repaved last year. If you are saying the stands and food stand are junk that is one thing but the track is decent, they can't all be like Englishtown. We are spoiled by some great tracks. Some tracks I've seen online look like they are just pavement and a tree.

Sometimes the prep is not great, other times it is ok. The line certainly doesn't get the prep E-town does, especially just after the pro's run down there. All in all, it is a good track, certainly a lot closer for us guys up north.

Friday's are muffled street cars only so you get a lot of imports. It is fun to destroy them though. Now with this new Fast and Furious movie they will finally know what our cars are :p Remember, we were those punk kids a few years ago with our 3rd gen Camaros, Fox body Mustangs and 10 year old Grand Nationals.

Sunday's are good though for sure if you only want to get a few runs in but see some great cars run. Every once in a while in the summer they will open up one lane racing on Wednesday nights, those are the days to go if you want to get a bunch of runs in and not deal with a big crowd.

Every once in a while in the summer they will open up one lane racing on Wednesday nights, those are the days to go if you want to get a bunch of runs in and not deal with a big crowd.

They do the first Wednesday every month starting May 6th. From what I understand they do a barbeque thing and it's cheaper to get in than it is on a Friday.

I usually go Fridays to smack down the imports, and because it's less crowded. This past Sunday was a horror. 5 hours for 2 runs. Overall I like the place, though.

Jim

yeah i like island alot more

englishtown has a very strict type of rules and limited runs but than again its a better track

island is more for just having a good time getting as many runs its not like the serious type of track like englishtown

but the track is good
pretty much a 2 lanes in the middle of a field

Not enough shutdown, if your brakes fade at all, you're wrapped around a tree....
Fuel is a total ripoff...
Too many bugs/ticks...
The workers are jerks too..
I have been there about 50 times and had one good experience. I hate it, can you tell?
I sat in line for over an hour one night just to get in becuase they are too cheap to open the second gate and pay some flunkie $5/hr to take money.
Need I go on?

Not enough shutdown, if your brakes fade at all, you're wrapped around a tree....
Too many bugs/ticks...
I have been there about 50 times and had one good experience. I hate it, can you tell?
I sat in line for over an hour one night just to get in becuase they are too cheap to open the second gate and pay some flunkie $5/hr to take money.
Need I go on?

Have you seen a lot of people crash into trees at the end of Island:rolleyes: Everybody talks about how short it is but...................

Ticks? Are you running through the woods after your pass or taking a leak in the little creek and walking through that tall grass?

Fuel is pricey, I'll give you that. Workers are Jerks? No comment, they have been fine to me but maybe they did something to you so I'll stay out of that ;)

Agreed that the line can get long too, I'll certainly give you that.

Gotta ask why you would go 50 times if you hate it so much. Because it is convenient and worth it somehow? Convenience is key to me at Island.

Too many bugs/ticks...
Need I go on?

It is short, but that's part of the fun! They put a sand pit in at the end of the track. Even before the pit, there were no trees. It's in the middle of a sod farm, worst case you wind up in the grass. I've never seen anyone go off the end of the track in all the years I've been there.

Fuel is pricey.

Like most people, the workers are jerks if you are a jerk to them. I've always gotten along with them.

It is popular because of its location, and it does get backed up at the gate. I always show up about 30-mins to 45-mins after the gates open. The line has ususally gone down by then. They open the gates an hour before racing starts so it usually works out well.

To each his own, I guess. I like it - it's only 15 miles from me.

Jim

Have you seen a lot of people crash into trees at the end of Island:rolleyes: Everybody talks about how short it is but...................

Ticks? Are you running through the woods after your pass or taking a leak in the little creek and walking through that tall grass?

Fuel is pricey, I'll give you that. Workers are Jerks? No comment, they have been fine to me but maybe they did something to you so I'll stay out of that ;)

Agreed that the line can get long too, I'll certainly give you that.

Gotta ask why you would go 50 times if you hate it so much. Because it is convenient and worth it somehow? Convenience is key to me at Island.

Glad you sort of agree on some things, I understand its all a matter of preference.
Why have I gone 50 times? Because its the closest track to me and ALL my friends go there, they love it, I hate it. I've definitely cut back though. Last time I was there my best pass was 10.80 @ 139...a far cry from the cars overall best of 9.80...no traction.....