No Charge

ty1435_4.3

Manning Sc.
Instaling my alarm today and while shoving a screwdriver in the socket to remove the security light I saw a spark. I didnt know the car had an alarm. So now the alternator is not charging. What is in that curcuit that can make the alt. not charge. I checked all of the fuses and all good. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Any help please. TIA Mike

go back and check your work, if you removed the gen light by mistake ,on the turbo car you need to have a good bulb inplace to activate charging

if you disturbed the gen bulb it wont charge ,those little push bulbs dont make the greatest contact with the socket tabs , does the gen light come on with key on

Instaling my alarm today and while shoving a screwdriver in the socket to remove the security light I saw a spark. I didnt know the car had an alarm. So now the alternator is not charging. What is in that curcuit that can make the alt. not charge. I checked all of the fuses and all good. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Any help please. TIA Mike

Just a guess, but maybe you blew a fusible link down by the starter.

Checked all fuses 1 by 1 and all good. Turn signals do not work also. Dash lights work on radio and center console but not on dash.

ok. I found the trouble with the dash. It wasnt pushed in all the way. Now the alt is still not charging. If I take a light tester from the pos term and touch the 1 wire in the alt it will start to charge. Is there a diode in the wiring harness that I couldve blown when I sparked that security socket??? :confused:

like i told you a few posts ago the bulb completes the path to the generator feild activator . pin L at the aternator

if the bulb doesnt come on at key up it wont charge, no bulb no charge, even when the bulb seems to be off when car is running it is completing the path

pull the gauges back out and make sure you didnt bend over one of the printed circuit contacts at the back of gauges
until you get a gen light bulb at key up you wont have charging , but if you need to have it charging until you figure it out you can run a switched source wire with a bulb to the field wire (as you did with the test light ) to get it charging

heres the diagram
check the gauges 20A fuse at fuse panel
check the bulb , like i said the push bulb isnt the best connector and sometimes it wiggles loose and loses contact . you dont need to remove the entire cluster to get at the bulb ,just remove the two screws to the dark filter cover and then the plastic surrond on that side of the cluster

well fine, be that way!haha.

glad to hear you solved the problem, now take care of my......sorry, I mean your car now.:)