No boost on factory boost guage

cool, I guess if you have 5 volts for the power and a good ground (check your ground) i think that map sensor might be shot.

That was my guess as well. So, I figured the next logical step was to just replace it since it wasn't an expensive part.

went back and re-read some earlier post's. you said you replaced the map sensor, was it another 2 bar or a 3 bar?

I got in touch with the guys from Caspers and asked them what the car is supposed to have. They told me 2 bar so I replaced it with another 2 bar.

ok, just checking as a 3 bar would throw of the calibration of the factory gauge.

Trying to diagnose and repair someone else's screw ups is more than a challenge. If the MAP does the trick the next task will be to try getting more house power and better throttle response.

I would also take the advice of the above posters and seek out a quality Turbo Buick person to look it over and give you some pointers. you definitely want to know what type of boost you producing and to keep it low until your sure she's running proper.

I agree that a pro needs to look her over. I contacted Bison and he instructed me to reach out to him again tomorrow.

Trying to diagnose and repair someone else's screw ups is more than a challenge. If the MAP does the trick the next task will be to try getting more house power and better throttle response.

"House power?":eek:o_O Is this something new? Clue me in!:p

Bruce '87 Grand National