No 02 Sensor

GN18944

So I have had my car for about 6 weeks now and I have spent that time doing the "spring cleaning" as well as getting the car simply running right.

This brings me to my question... As I've been dissecting system after system cleaning and repairing various odds and ends I made a discovery that I'm not sure what to make of.

The car doesn't have an 02 sensor. The only complaint I have is that the car misses at idle. I've made huge strides in this issue with basic tuning knowledge but it's still there.

What adverse effects would not having an 02 sensor have, if any. Also, where would the connectors be located from factory? I have a 3in DP with an 02 bung so I can easily reinstall.

It has to have an O2 sensor. It's located in the up pipe just below the turbo. It's pointed towards the drivers side.

thank you mike, I stand corrected, it sure does!

That actually makes me feel a whole lot better AND I learned something! Gracias

Is there a connector on the ALDL specifically for O2 readings? If so, can I tap into that wire for an air fuel gauge?

a scanmaster will give you O2 reading and much more

an af gauge run off the stock narrow band O2 sensor is A WASTE O MONEY

Since the dp already has a bung in it, how about a wb installed there..........

Since the dp already has a bung in it, how about a wb installed there..........
At somepoint. I have so much to learn. It's been years since I've had a toy I could mess around with, and the last one was from the early 70's, all mechanical, no computers!

It's intimidating to start but I will never go back to a carb and distributor.