Nitrous/Methanol Anti-Lag System Afterburner!

Are you useing sprung or unsprung wheelie bars? Don't let them unload your rear tires.
They're unsprung. They extend 12" past the end of the car. The longer they are, the less chance of unloading the tires when they hit the ground. Right?

An analysis of 2010080720303234j datalog. This is the pass where the nitrous/transbrake delay was set at 2.00 seconds.

By the time the transbrake physically released, the rpm was 5,508 with 163.7 kPa map + nitrous boost.
0.380 second after launch, the rpm had reached 6,108 with 200.6 kPa map. The nitrous had shut down some time between 174 and 181 kPa map, and I was starting to get out of the throttle at about 180 kPa. :eek:

And the tires stuck!

They're unsprung. They extend 12" past the end of the car. The longer they are, the less chance of unloading the tires when they hit the ground. Right?

The longer they are the further back they allow weight transfer.

HOTDAM!!! I just answered a tech question for Donnie Wang. I might have to quote that post in my sig. :D

I've decided to take care of the aux fueling transition tuning on the rack. Before I made the first test, I increased the afterburner shot size to 65 hp. :eek: That's right, fella. Performance did increase.

On this test, against the transbrake, after 2.00 seconds on the nitrous and afterburner,... 5,890 rpm and 196.9 kPa MAP. The nitrous was shut down at 184 kPa.

I was interested in seeing if another increase in the afterburner shot size would give another increase in performance. Now we know. And, we certainly don't need anymore. I wonder if the chassis and tires can handle a launch with a 2 second delay? :confused:

Wow. It just keeps getting better.

On the second rack test since starting on dialing in the aux fueling transition with the new 65 shot afterburner, I hit everything square on the head.
The ALS tune, the aux fuel transition timing, and the nitrous turnoff point.

In 2.00 seconds from the point of nitrous activation, 5,951 rpm and 211.7 kPa MAP. :biggrin:

I've picked a launch rpm and map. That will be 5,300 @ 162 kPa MAP. It will require a 1.63 second nitrous/transbrake delay time.

This is way too much fun to be legal.

excellent 60 ft!
couple that with the bakersfield 155mph run
and that'll hush a few doubters!:D
You really think that would happen? They'll always find something to criticize me about. It'll just be more quietly behind my back now than it has been in the past. :biggrin:
That's OK. What would be the fun in it if I didn't have my loyal doubters to prove wrong at every turn.

More track testing this weekend. The new short term goal is to beat the long standing best 60' with the car of 1.28 sec, dial in the wheelie bars, and work on a new boost control curve to get me through the 1-2 shift while being on the edge of traction. YEEHAAA!

You really think that would happen? They'll always find something to criticize me about. It'll just be more quietly behind my back now than it has been in the past. :biggrin:
That's OK. What would be the fun in it if I didn't have my loyal doubters to prove wrong at every turn.

As long as your impressed thats all that counts, we are quiet now because the last time we spoke up you threatened to not be forthcoming in your future revolations.

As long as your impressed thats all that counts, we are quiet now because the last time we spoke up you threatened to not be forthcoming in your future revolations.
Go ahead, Tony. Don't keep it in. What am I doing wrong now?

Go ahead, Tony. Don't keep it in. What am I doing wrong now?
Maybe now you want to criticize me for going to too high of a stall TC since now I've found a tuneup that's pushing this 3200 stall TC to over 6,000 rpm. :eek: Maybe I need to go back to the NC? What do you think? Go ahead and confer with the rest of your crew first.
There's got to be something you can come up with. Please, don't disappoint me.

Gee.......... I love a good story

especially when it has a happy ending! :D

not that we're at the end, but it is getting good! :eek:

Hmmm , I'm jealous of Nasty Wendy's "sig"

maybe I could be "official gas mixer upper"
or "best ballast at Pinks "
maybe "air checker-gas confuser- and loyal sticker upper":tongue:

especially when it has a happy ending! :D

not that we're at the end, but it is getting good! :eek:

Hmmm , I'm jealous of Nasty Wendy's "sig"

maybe I could be "official gas mixer upper"
or "best ballast at Pinks "
maybe "air checker-gas confuser- and loyal sticker upper":tongue:
lol
How about confused gasser?

Donnie, I know its hard at this point not to bash the nay sayers but please keep it on point!! You are onto something that will become a very usefull tool for those that want to go extremly fast!! This info once tested a bit more will allow a v6 automatic car to use a 104 or larger turbo and make huge amounts of power. The beauty of it is that it could be used in a car that wants to run bracket racing , and that just isnt possible with the setup that everyone else is using. THEY are watching!! THEY are listening!! And they are starting to wonder how they might put this to use. My hats off to you for sharing this info , This has perked my intrest to the point where I might consider a turbo instead of my supercharger , simply because it could make full tree racing with a big spot possible and extremly deadly.

On the wheelie bar subject , my car seems to work best when the car actually moves about 8" before the bar touches the ground. Basically the car begins it reaction process and the tires wind up and lower the rim enough that it sets the bar down. This basically stops the upward momentum of the front wheels and as the tires rebound upward all the motion is forced in a forward motion instead of an upward motion. On my car it results in the front wheels barely off the grond or barely on the ground but very quick 60" numbers. Hope that makes sense!! Please keep the info coming!! Mike:cool:

Donnie, I know its hard at this point not to bash the nay sayers but please keep it on point!! You are onto something that will become a very usefull tool for those that want to go extremly fast!! This info once tested a bit more will allow a v6 automatic car to use a 104 or larger turbo and make huge amounts of power. The beauty of it is that it could be used in a car that wants to run bracket racing , and that just isnt possible with the setup that everyone else is using. THEY are watching!! THEY are listening!! And they are starting to wonder how they might put this to use. My hats off to you for sharing this info , This has perked my intrest to the point where I might consider a turbo instead of my supercharger , simply because it could make full tree racing with a big spot possible and extremly deadly.

On the wheelie bar subject , my car seems to work best when the car actually moves about 8" before the bar touches the ground. Basically the car begins it reaction process and the tires wind up and lower the rim enough that it sets the bar down. This basically stops the upward momentum of the front wheels and as the tires rebound upward all the motion is forced in a forward motion instead of an upward motion. On my car it results in the front wheels barely off the grond or barely on the ground but very quick 60" numbers. Hope that makes sense!! Please keep the info coming!! Mike:cool:
Ahhh, you're no fun. But, you're right. My ribbing is over.
Of course, I will defend my setup as I usually do if the naysayers are able to come up with something I'm doing wrong, as everyone knows they are prone to do.

I noticed you're down to 7.2:1 on the static CR. What did I say years ago? Glad you're getting it working for you. Love the pictures. You need to post much more of them.

I completely understand your wheelie bar setup. Sounds good to me. That sounds like what I'm shooting for. The wheelie bar wheel axle centerlines are set at 5.75" right side and 6.25 left side above the ground. It's a starting point.

I know people are studying this tuneup. It's simply too amazing to ignore. Don't be surprised if you start seeing variants make appearances in Australia and England.
After I find a power level that the car likes for the launch, then it will be time to work it into a 3 amber, and then Pro start tuneup.
I'm glad to see that someone can actually envision the potential of this new system. And, of course, it had to be another 'out of the box' thinker. :biggrin:

Your video of your system in action was enought to turn my head!! Up to that point I would never consider a turbo on my car because its just not raceable on a full tree with a big spot. With that system you could use a delay box with autostart and hit the tree with amazing accuracy without sitting on the converter at full or near full boost. Like I said keep it coming!!
Mike:cool:

Your video of your system in action was enought to turn my head!! Up to that point I would never consider a turbo on my car because its just not raceable on a full tree with a big spot. With that system you could use a delay box with autostart and hit the tree with amazing accuracy without sitting on the converter at full or near full boost. Like I said keep it coming!!
Mike:cool:
Sounds like you have some good ideas for making this work on a tree. I'll be picking your brain when the time comes. I've got a Pinks All Out in November to make. An arm drop situation. Maybe you and I can come up with something before then.

You know me. It just spills out of me. Of course I'll keep everyone updated.