Nitrous Express intercooler Kit

BigD365

This kit attaches a spray bar to the front of your intercooler and uses either Nitrous or CO2 to cool the inlet air temp.....Would this kit actually produce performance gaines to justify the 350 bucks or is it just a ricer toy??????Nitrous Express N-Ter Cooler Kit

This is my first post ever..Thanks for having a great website with tons of information!!!!!

Originally posted by BigD365
This kit attaches a spray bar to the front of your intercooler and uses either Nitrous or CO2 to cool the inlet air temp.....Would this kit actually produce performance gaines to justify the 350 bucks or is it just a ricer toy?????

Folks have been doing that for years.
Sure it will help, but what else could you spend the money on?.

Welcome, BigD!

A cool intercooler is a very good thing, but I haven't heard much from guys using this system.

I hope your thread finds someone who is using it, so we can hear from them how it's working.

Welcome aboard, & Happy Holidays!

:)

BigD365

Ilive down here in Columbus GA and if you ever get down this way I can show you how well a pro-pain kit works..Just got mione....

I absolutely LOVE NX!!! My shop sells only NX products I have a ton of confidence with those "Boys in Texas" However....I've had the kit in my car for a year and there are no real gains that I have experianced. We even went to the trouble of making a new bar that actually fits in the scoop right in front of the intercooler still not worth the time. Maybe I'm using it wrong. This spring I'm going to use co2. Its a whole lot cheaper even if you buy n20 wholesale.
I hope this does'nt discourage anyone but, so far I wish I would have saved my $ for propane.

Re- direct that N20 "IN" the intercooler and i "PROMISE!" you, you will feel a GAIN!!!!! :D :D :D :D

I have a custom N-tercooler kit on one of my cars. Look at the picture and you'll see the nos line on the front mount PIC I dont have any track times with it but I'll test it for sure this upcoming season. ;)

dont they claim like 50 more HP when tested on a turbo civic or something? i thought about this claim and realized that i can see it happening on a dyno, sitting still, but not while going 100+ MPH and have the air flow blow all the gas through the intercooler before it can take affect.

Guys the point of using a kit like that is in major part to help on hot days at the track, and thats about it. You wont gain .5 sec with that at all. :D Only help to cool the air down at the line.

ouch! your killing me :( .....wasteing such good go go juice ;) if your going to spray it in front of somthing at least do it in front of your air filter:D :D :D :D :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Well i guess it's just me but i have the kit mounted directly in front of my front mount and i picked up .3 in the quarter:cool:
and the only way it will work is if your moving, it is the only way the n2o or co2 will pass through your intercooler. just fyi

juice!

Originally posted by BOTLFED
Re- direct that N20 "IN" the intercooler and i "PROMISE!" you, you will feel a GAIN!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Hey BOTLFED! I was going to put the juice to my buick as well. I was just wondering what size shot your using to get those awesome times of yours. I pretty much run the same setup minus the N20. Although the kit is sitting in the corner of my garage calling to me. Are you running slicks?

Thanks
Adam

HEY BOTLFED :COOL:

WHO'S NITROUS KIT ARE YOU USING? I HAVE SEEN THE ZEX KIT WITH THE NITROUS UNIT THAT TAPS INTO THE TPS, AND I AM QUITE IMPRESSED WITH IT. YOU ARE RUNNING SOME AWESOME TIMES WITH 75 HORSE SHOT. WHO'S CHIP ARE YOU RUNNING? IS IT A LOW TIMING CHIP? NOS ON A HOT AIR SHOULD BE LIKE BEING STRAPPED TO A "PATRIOT MISSILE":COOL:. ARE YOU RUNNING ANY ALKY OR PROPANE. I AM TRYING TO COME UP WITH COMBO (NOS/AKLY; NOS/PROPANE; NOS/ALKY/PROPANE).

CHUCK MCCRAY
85 T TYPE

A couple of years ago there was a discussion on this in the tech section. A person that tested spraying alchy/water into the intercooler got a .2 improvement, but only on dry days.

Jim DelloSandros Sprayed co-2 on his and was running in the 7's a few years backk. Of course that wasn't the only thing he was doing...

I did a search on google using DIY alchy injection as a search word (s), and found an article by a guy that injected a 50-50 alchy mist pre-intercooler, and he reported substantial gains. (forget exactly how much, nut in the order of 7-8 psi gain in boost) He said the intercooler was 'cool to the touch' after several runs.

Personally I would love to try to inject propane (or nitrous) pre-intercooler. No doubt this would produce substantial gains.

Unfortunately the propane would produce a booom! as well, should the engine backfire through the intake. I'd hate to think what would happen to the intercooler, pipes, and turbo should this happen.

I'd still like to try it....:)

Honestly, if I didn't have any system at all, and had $350 to spend, I would just get a nos kit, and inject it per-intercooler. A 25 shot should give you 2-3? more psi just from the cooling, and should last quite a while on one bottle.

For octane boost, just throw some toulene in the tank...