Nitrous anyone?

my1stgn

Ive been looking around your guys forum and I cant really see anyone here running nitrous or anyone posting info on this. Ive new to this site so has anyone run nitrous in their GN's and what are some pro's adn con's to these vehicles. Im currently running nitrous on my GP and was thinking of running a wet system on the GN but if anyone has advice or heard horro stories about running nirtous in these cars please let me know! Thanks!

Do you know if they are running a wet system or dry? And how big a shot do they do? Plus what times are they running?....

I run two wet systems (#5131NOS). I run 52/42 (NOS/fuel) for the first shot and run 60/46 for the second. I'm not too sure what hp levels they are, but if I had to guess, I'd say they're 75 and 150. (I was running both systems with the larger jets for a while and that was insane!) With both systems, the boost is at 25#'s. As for times, I can only guess too. Bone stock with the car gutted it ran a 13.4 at 5320ft elevation. The only thing I've raced that was close was a CBR900RR and I barely pulled him on the top end. So, if I had to guess, I'd say it would run low 11's. :confused:

You need to run a wet system with TRs. Start with a 50 shot after your car is in perfect tune.

XLR8 said:
You need to run a wet system with TRs. Start with a 50 shot after your car is in perfect tune.

You dont always need to..... My car has a dry set up on it currently till I can get the wet set up the way I want....I just add fueling in the tune ;)

Nos

After I bought my car about 7 years ago I lifted the trunk mat only to find the drilled holes for a bottle :rolleyes: . Well, a few years ago I pulled and disassembled the motor to find everything in excellent condition including the bearings. I called the guy after I found out and he assured me he was very carefull with the tune. Another car I used to work on ran a 50 hp shot just to eliminate the spool time completly, and he loved it.

200 HP shot, port injected to provide initial turbo spool up. The nitrous side is shut off at 16 psi. It takes around .4 seconds to get to 16 psi. A 200 shot is too much to keep on the whole run. At least in my past setup. It made too much exhaust energy for my old wastegate to handle. I now have an HKS 60 mm wastegate. Full run test coming soon to a track near you.

2-new NOS BottlesW-Hi flo Valve

I have Two (2) New Anodized Blue Hi-Flo NOS Bottles..
Paid 274.00 @ Summit Racing Will Sell For 175.00 each plus shipping
Can email pix if need be.. :D :D

I'm a little late to this party, but saw my name mentioned so I had to chime-in. :D

Don't be afraid of putting juice on these cars. I think all the bad publicity about nitrous and turbo Buicks comes from poorly engineered kits when they first came out...and lack of experience.
I really only started messing with nitrous in the mid-late 80's when it became a more commercialized product. There were very few cars running around back then with nitrous on them.

Nitrous systems have come a long way since then, and hands-on experience is pretty common anymore. Just 'gotta talk to the right people. ;)

My '86 T-type picked up from 12.25 to 11.15 using a wet system I made from parts laying around my shop.
Fuel was supplied by the schrader port on the fuel rail... I used a #42 fuel jet, #46 nitrous jet, and a standard fogger nozzle in the up-pipe.

Have you guys spraying fuel in the up-pipe had any problem with puddling on power plates in the intake manifold?

grocerygetter said:
Have you guys spraying fuel in the up-pipe had any problem with puddling on power plates in the intake manifold?
Good thinking.

I ran it back in 86 for years .. stock car in the 11s ... I burned a piston after 3 years experimenting :eek: :p It worked awesome.. only drawback I see is the price :confused: I still have a filling station :cool:

Butchered TTA = $8,200
2 NOS fogger systems = $1200
4 Kummo Autocross tires = $600
Diet for TTA = $0.00
10 sec e.t.'s for $10,000 = priceless!!!!

I love using nitrous on these cars. Most of the people that say dont use nitrous have not tried it on these cars. I ran an NX wet 75 shot last year on stock heads, cam, intake, bottom end. I ran a best of 11.47 @ 118 without the nitrous. Put the 75 shot with no additional tuning at all and ran 11.01 @ 123 w/ a crappy 1.67 60'. Season was over before i had time to tune on the nitrous. Im confident i could have run some 10.80's @ 124-125 mph. This was in Amarillo TX w/ a DA of 5,000'+.

Im going to use the 75 shot on the new setup to help spoolup as well more power. Make sure you stay conservative with the shot and watch A/F. Also, use conservative timing to help stear clear of detonation.

grocerygetter said:

Not that I'm aware of.
I think with the heat and velocities seen in the upper plenum the likelihood of "puddling" is non-existent.
If anything, the turbulence created by the plate would actually help prevent this. Remember, the plate is used to equal out cylinder distribution. That in itself speaks volumes. :cool:

Meth and NOS user here.. they work great to spool that big sucker up :D

Only thing is that button screams "Push me Baby" :eek:

Nitrous.

I totally agree with all the user's, the spool up and cooling effect work's great. I've been using it since "87" on my first T-type and will never stop. :biggrin: Just made a full pass with a wet NOS system 45n-24f on a factory stock bottom end and with a crappy 1.67 short got a 10.52 @ 131.73. My new motor will get some bigger jets for sure, don't think i'll have to worry about dropping any parts out the bottom on that one. ;)