Nicest TType in existence

gnmaster2004

Burgandy inside and out 87 turbo t 74,000. lots of upgrades, champion iron heads and intake. te 64 tubo. stretch innercooler
built 2004r billet 9-11 convertor. Like new inside and out. Call for pics. $13,500

"ring" " Ring "

ohh you dont hear the phone ringing!!!

Cause you did not leave a number.....;) ;) :D

And Nicest T-Type in existence" with 74K miles on it?
That's a little questionable, too.

Give the guy a break. It's a sales pitch. Geez. Go look at the car and see if it's the "nicest". If not, don't buy it.

;)

Someone with a 16k car that looks close to perfect should be able to question the sellers' claims.

There you go Wells.;)

FWIW & IMHO:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Previously posted by:
"1989 TTA"
"This site has become so negative towards its own members."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey, dude, I really don't think that is the case. I was just sort of kidding the guy because of 2 reasons: 1> He forgot his number. & 2> "Nicest t-type in existence" does sort leave room for a little more definition/clarity. Personally, I was thinking that he was sort of kidding when he wrote that, with tounge in cheek, and that it is probably a pretty nice turbo-t for that kind of mileage. I personally myself would never make that statement even regarding my car. There are some really nice GNX/GN/T-Type/Turbo-T/TTA (S) buried out there that the owners don't even like other people, enthusiasts or not, knowing about or keeping tabs on. If you advertise on a public/private forum, or whatever you want to classify these such as the buick forums, and you make a statement like that without limitations, boundaries or disclaimers, in seriousness, you are bound to catch some ragging. I took his statement in jest, somewhat, even though it concerns the advertisement/selling of a vehicle. Anybody will have to admit that it's hard to really consider a vehicle with 74K miles on it as being the nicest in existence.
Everybody sets different "standards of excellence" for their cars & bikes. I do consider my car pretty nice, though, now showing about 16.5K miles on the clock, and it was 100% original till I decided to make it a little more "spirited" a while back. Anyhow, I don't want to be accused of stealing this guys thread, nor do I want to hamper his sale in any way. Sorry for the long post, especially on somebody else's thread.

I've seen 100,000 mile cars that looked like new and I've seen 10,000 mile cars that I wouldn't even want to sit in. I wouldn't shy away from a 75,000 mile car...hell thats only 4,100 miles a year. Sounds worth looking at.

FWIW & INHO:
You can rebuild a car a hundred times, but it is new only once.

I have seen cars that I liked that had 10K miles on them, and I have seen a few that I did not like that had 10K miles on them.
I have seen a few cars that I liked that had 70K miles on them, and I have seen cars that I did not like that had 70K miles on them.
So the best of both worlds for me is a car that I like that has 10K miles on it.

I have rarely seen cars with high mileage that looked as nice as cars with low mileage, but that doesn't mean that it can't happen, just means that it rarely does happen, and that the odds are a against it.

Even if the 70K mile car looks better than the 10K mile car, the 10K mile car wil generally bring considerably more money that the other. You can replace every part, nut, bolt, and washer on a vehicle, but the body does go weak with age in most cases.

Also, it is noteworthy that the person who started the thread did not get back on here and stand up for his statements. I will stand by my original claim/statement: I like low mileage Buick Turbo-t's more than I like high mileage ones.

These guys are like Joan Rivers, they see all the **** that comes in, and cant leave not one car w/out a negative comment; "Oh, If it were a hardtop it would be in my garage." Cant you just show some of these guys some love......Old people, man I tell you. Making it hard for us young people.....

FWIW and IMHO, change this ****, it gets old after the first time! Sort of like a NEW car once it drives off the showroom floor......

1989 TTA

Quote:
"This site has become so negative towards its own members."

That is what I'm saying.....

:mad:

Originally posted by hboost
These guys are like Joan Rivers, they see all the **** that comes in, and cant leave not one car w/out a negative comment; "Oh, If it were a hardtop it would be in my garage." Cant you just show some of these guys some love......Old people, man I tell you. Making it hard for us young people.....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FWIW & IMHO:
Please explain to me how us old people are making it hard for for you young people? I try to call itas I see it. I see that you have been reading my previous posts & responses because that, "Oh, if it were a hardtop it would be in my garage", excepting I never used "oh" with that statement, that I remember, & I generally refer to these cars as solid roof cars. You are right, though, as I do not really care for t-tops, nor moon roofs as a general rule. And I am not negative, only very opinionated. And at my age, I feel that I have certainly earned that right. Besides, a really nice GN/T-Type, Turbo-T, optimally equipped, even priced even a little high, will sell when the right person comes along. It's all in how you look at it.