Next steps...

if you want a rjc flange and pipe, i have one for sale. it was fabbed from 5" to 4" with a/c on a intercooled car. but it would be something to start with. 250 shipped i guess. p.m. me if you are interested. i have a pic in the parts for sale area.

confused...why do i want this? I am a hot air, i built my dp with an rjc flange, and my dp is bigger than my turbo can flow as is...

Ok so track results... all at max psi of 27#
run 1 - 18psi launch 1.72 sixty 12.72 at 105
run 2 - 20psi launch 1.77 sixty 12.66 at 105
run 3 - 25psi launch 1.80 sixty 13.00 at 95 lol

So what have we learned lol. Seems 27psi is too much for stock parts. head gasket blew...not to big of a deal as long as the bearings are ok. no coolant in the oil so thats good. Ported Iron Heads go to the machine shop on monday, going with stock head gaskets, arp head studs, new hydraulic lifters, comp cam valvesprings, 212-212 camshaft, ported manifold and throttle body :) This was all happening anyways so I'm not worried about the head gasket. it was fun lol.

i was close. damn close.

you avg. your 3 runs and it was a 12.79 i was .06 off

So what have we learned lol. Seems 27psi is too much for stock parts. head gasket blew...not to big of a deal as long as the bearings are ok. no coolant in the oil so thats good. Ported Iron Heads go to the machine shop on monday, going with stock head gaskets, arp head studs, new hydraulic lifters, comp cam valvesprings, 212-212 camshaft, ported manifold and throttle body :) This was all happening anyways so I'm not worried about the head gasket. it was fun lol.

Nice,105 is moving along for a stock longblock.

PM me your address and I'll get some parts boxed up.

You need taller/stickier tires. Hook up better and don't shift into OD. Bigger cam will extend the RPM range too.

Congratulations!!!! I'd be sooo happy at that exact point.......... Then just like the rest of us, 3 weeks later back on the net reading and thinking about the next mod :)

Good luck man!

Congratulations!!!! I'd be sooo happy at that exact point.......... Then just like the rest of us, 3 weeks later back on the net reading and thinking about the next mod :)

Good luck man!

My calculator says 12.63@105. ;)
Good numbers! Congrats.

Oh, with the right mods/combo, my next guessimate is 11.52@115 . . . . . :biggrin:
Guess you won't need an IC to get kicked off the track. . . :cool:

haha yessir, looking to get kicked out of the track this year lol. and ya i'm aware I do need a taller tire. That much is clear. I still have yet to play with the rear control arms...or whatever you guys box to strengthen them. I wanna get that sixty down some more. And yes a cam with more rpm and taller tire will keep me out of overdrive. This thing is gonna fly afterwards lol. Its sooo going to kill the tranny next lol.

i was .03 off the fastest pass :)

sorry to hear about the HG, but glad to see some hotair guys getting it done!!

just a FYI, try doing a small of a burnout as you can with these hotair cars. you wouldn't believe your eyes on how fast the intake heats up. i have data logs to support this. also take as much time as you can staging the car. this will help the car cool off. i do a burnout and keep a eye on the alky light. i like to make sure it goes green in the burnout box then im done. i roll out and you can hear the car idle like its got a huge cam in it. hell it doesn't like to idle since its burning off all the alky. anyways i try to take as much time as i can get the car staged to let it cool.

ok guys the motor is getting pulled out so i can clean it and just make everything easier for install... that and the car is getting painted so this way i can keep working on the motor :)... Gotta love having painters as friends. And fyi the heads are at the machine shop. I'm excited. this thing is gonna be pretty awesome.