Next mod after 13.7

Mike70gtx

Finally got it to the track. Had a 13.7 at 98mph. I have no posi and just street tires. BFG comp ta's. I know I have to get my tranny rebuilt, it revs between 2nd and 3rd. It also feels like its starting to slip in third. My main question is, do I go with posi first and then some sort of tires? Will posi and street tires out do peg leg and drag radials or slicks? And what was with the trans am beside me that ran a 10.7 and I only saw the LEFT rear tire spinning on the burn out?
I was encouraged after all the work I've done to this hot air beast. I should make 12's fairly easy, shouldn't I?
Thanks for any advice.

looks like you need to start on the tranny and get some slicks. are you going to intercool the car. a nice cam would help,

I'm going to move on the tranny and hopefully get it out tomorrow. Would I go with the slicks before the posi?
I hope I can get the cash together to go with the turbo motion. But now that I got the 87, I'm trying to decide which car to pour into. I'm into the 84 quite abit already.

i would do the posi first , you can also move the tb for now i hear it makes it spool alot faster, cool84 knows about this

Hey thanks guys. I appreciate your advice. Especially Lee, on those times I got stumped and you helped me out. Thanks!
I am glad I didn't blow a head gasket. One reason I had always had slow spool up was the actuator on the wastegate was bad. I found an old adjustable 84 with two vacuum line attachments. After some advice from a thread to unhook the inside one and plug it, I did so. But as I backed off through my first 1/4 mile at 59 mph and 18.?? seconds with lots of popping (detonation) and the peak at my boost gauge going past 25 psi, I couldn't get out of my car fast enough to give myself a kick in the rear. The advice was probalby good but why I waited to get to the track without any kind of test run,I'll never know. I'm sure when I unhooked one side it allowed the other side to pull a lot stronger to open the waste gate. So; do I back the arm off and plug one side or just leave well enough alone.?

I would vote for doing the posi right after the trans. If you run out of money, delay buying the slicks or drag radials til you've got the $$. I agree with Lee - those were very good numbers with a peg leg.

Actuator

I think I know your over boost problem. From your post you say you have pluged the one port on the act. On the 84-85 act. with 2 ports, you MUST leave the port that goes to the vacuum block open. Plug the port at the vacuum block, but not at the act.
The other act. port will have pressure on it during boost. There is a diaghpram in the act. between the ports, so if you plug the one going to the block, when the other side is pressurized there is no place for the air to go, hence your act. can/t move as it should.
Does this make sense or am I rambling too much? Anyway GOOD LUCK Lee

Just my .02 worth here, but if MONEY IS AN OBJECT (and the extra work!), I would go slicks first, posi second, simply because you'll have a helluva time breaking the slicks loose even WITH a pegleg! And you can always do a little air-pressure adjusting if need be...