News Flash, new 9 sec TSM car

J

JCotton

There ya go boys.......... Phil McGloin just called to let me know he just made his 1st 9 second pass in TSM trim at Morrocco!!!

9.95@136mph with a 1.47 60ft............. a big Congrats Phil!!!!!! you have worked hard and truly are deserving of this accomplishment. Not bad for one of those little Turbonetics BB 70 turbos........ :rock: Looks like Phil has plenty left........ we'll have to see how the weekend progresses. :goldcup: :elefant:

Awesome Phil!!
Now put a PTE turbo on it an go fast!!! :biggrin: {---Smiley

Man, I thought he was going to do it at Salem. It was so close at 10.02 et. Great job Phil!

Fuelie600 said:
Congrats Phil!!! What are the heads and internals being used? Thanks, Brian
I'm running the 9445 irons that came on the car when it was new. I've ported them and installed the big valves. After kicking a stock rod earlier this year I bought a Eagle crank Diamond pistons (.020 over) and Oilver rods from Jack. I also use Totalseal rings and a semi custom 224/224 Comp. hyd roller that I got from Kip Asplund.
It was a good race for the Ohio gang. Dave England qualified #1@ 9.74 I was #2 @10.03 and Scott Simpson was #3 @ 10.12 (I think) and thats the way we finished. I was glad to see Dave finally get his stuff together. It looks like he'll have something for the "KING". I also backed up my 9.95 with a 9.93 in the first round. I'm still 150lbs heavy and my 60's are about a .01 off from what they should be so ther's some more left in it. I thought about switching to aluminum heads over the winter but I think I'll run the irons another year.
Otto, why are you always down on Jack? He's been a big help to me in reaching my goals and I'm sure there are many others that will back that up.

I just feel you car would be faster with a PTE turbo,I could be wrong.That has nothing to do with Jack.The hat is an inside Joke between a few people :)

Congrats again Phil,Thats awesome with steel heads

I guess he would be even quicker with an Innovative Turbo... ;)
Just Kidding!

Thanks Phil. I'm presently having a motor built by Bob ( RPE Machine ) with Jacks help and parts. I went the Eagle, Oliver, Diamond, BHJ, JW route also. What got my attention is your turbo, as it is the same one I run. Could you tell me what boost level was needed to achieve your 9 sec pass. GN1's have been on my car for a few years, so it will be interesting to see how everything pans out for me this time around with the new build. Later, Brian

Phil are you running one of the Super "T" series 70's?
Havent seen one run yet

JRSGN said:
>>>>> Is that your 1st "109" in the 9's Jack ???
Congrats

Jimmy, why don't you ask "Da Gnat", he seems to have all the inside info.... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

But, I will say, I have worked with a customer in the past, that easily and consistently ran in the 9's. But, in no way do I want to diminish his accomplishments. I simply "consulted" and supplied parts, that was 3 years ago and was accomplished with a standard T-netics 70-P trim ball bearing.. :eek:

JCotton said:
Jimmy, why don't you ask "Da Gnat", he seems to have all the inside info.... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

But, I will say, I have worked with a customer in the past, that easily and consistently ran in the 9's. But, in no way do I want to diminish his accomplishments. I simply "consulted" and supplied parts, that was 3 years ago and was accomplished with a standard T-netics 70-P trim ball bearing.. :eek:

Who is the Da Gnat :confused:

KLHAMMETT said:
Phil are you running one of the Super "T" series 70's?
Havent seen one run yet

Otto,

Good question and Jack has anyone really pushed that turbo yet???

Jimmy, why don't you ask "Da Gnat", he seems to have all the inside info....

>>> Umm, Who is that?? PM me..

But, I will say, I have worked with a customer in the past, that easily and consistently ran in the 9's. But, in no way do I want to diminish his accomplishments. I simply "consulted" and supplied parts, that was 3 years ago and was accomplished with a standard T-netics 70-P trim ball bearing..

>>>> Cool. Congrats Again.......