News Flash, New 9 sec TSM Car

J

JCotton

There ya go boys.......... Phil McGloin just called to let me know he just made his 1st 9 second pass in TSM trim at Morrocco!!!

9.95@136mph with a 1.47 60ft............. a big Congrats Phil!!!!!! you have worked hard and truly are deserving of this accomplishment. Not bad for one of those little Turbonetics BB 70 turbos........ :rock: Looks like Phil has plenty left........ we'll have to see how the weekend progresses. :goldcup: :elefant:

The color tends to flip a bit, but is likely the car you saw
Congrats Phil ....
Mikey

72firebird said:
I was down there. Just curious was that the like burnt orange car?
Yea that's it. It's a GM color, sunset orange metalic. It makes it easier for my wife to find me in a sea of black cars. I hear it was good to see a TSM final that didn't have a black car in it.

Yeah this is the 3rd time Phil has had to struggle to get repairs/modifications completed in time to compete in TSM. This time however, he was able to join the elite club of those that have run in the 9's in TSM legal trim with iron heads. :eek:

Unfortunately, while racing against Dave England in the TSM Final Saturday Phil blew another head gasket. Upon tear-down Phil found significant damage to his shortblock. He is done for a while. :(