Newbie Turbo Buick Owner

GN18944

I know, I'm sure you have had plenty of newbies over the years and you may not want to see another but here is what I have..

I've always wanted but never owned a G body car. I come from the Corvette world. I've spent the last 5 years under the hood of a lightly modified C6 vette. When this car came up for sale at my store (I'm the service manager at a Buick store) I traded my vette in for it. Attached are some pictures to help me identify what I have so I can set a baseline before I start to tweak. My goal is to have roughly an 11 second street/strip/show car.

I have reached out to the previous owner but he has not called me back yet so I need to do my own research.

I have identified the following you won't see in a picture: definitely has a chip in it, definitely has a shift kit installed. What do you see?
20150905_151032.jpg
20150905_181723.jpg
20150907_123039.jpg
20150907_123151.jpg
20150907_123039.jpg
20150907_123151.jpg
20150907_123159.jpg
20150907_123327.jpg
20150907_123403.jpg

Welcome to the dark side,I seen a fuel pump hot wire,fuel regulator, need a number off the injectors. Might be 009 (42lbs)
Stock style maf.what year is it?pic say 87. Also post a pic of the trunk tag.

I also ride thru the Vette world but simply enjoy the challenge these cars offer!! I have had several Vettes yet when I show up at our local cruise-ins in the GN the attention triples! The car has a mystique & everyone has a remark of some sort.
As stated there have been some add-ons to this car but you have a lot of research and advice to muddle thru to even consider the 11's. It's not easy but it can be fun!!!

trunk tag attached... I can not find any number at all on the injectors. Safe to say they are stock?
trunk tag.jpg

Good luck with GN. It sure is a beauty. Isn't it nice that someone kept it in such nice shape for you to enjoy> I love when that happens.

For starters I see the wrong oil filter and some bad hose clamps, id change those first.

Newbies are always welcome! Looks fairly stock, aftermarket plug wires, fuel pressure regulator and looks like one of my MAF pipes and cold air kit? Hoses for the turbo and up pipe, might want to get some t-bar clamps for those. Injector size is not listed on the trunk tag but do see you have a posi rear so that is good! G80 is the code for that. Read all you can on here and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Newbies are always welcome! Looks fairly stock, aftermarket plug wires, fuel pressure regulator and looks like one of my MAF pipes and cold air kit? Hoses for the turbo and up pipe, might want to get some t-bar clamps for those. Injector size is not listed on the trunk tag but do see you have a posi rear so that is good! G80 is the code for that. Read all you can on here and don't be afraid to ask questions.
Thanks for the hospitality. I've learned a lot already. I have a lot of work ahead of me!

Oil filter = PF52 or the equivalent in Napa Gold. It might not have a shift kit; a good trans will shift rather firmly.

It looks pretty from what I can see.

Those clamps you have are going to blow off under boost eventually.

Just don't clamp too tight on the MAF or you'll crack it

Attachments

• 1441845803196.jpg
    1441845803196.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 86
That makes sense. Thanks! looks like possible places to be leaking boost too. I'm well versed in Turbo motors, however I have never owned one. These are the things I would have never thought of.