Newb needs some help.........

nucnova

I recently aquired a twin turbo Stage 2 TTA. Although I am not new to the racing scene I am new to the Buick side of it. When I aquired the car the engine had multiple problems so I decided to tear it down and rebuild it. I was a little nervous seeing how this was the first Buick V6 I had ever been into and I was always lead to believe that they were a little "fragile". It even took alot of research to find out what sparkplugs this engine needed as I did not agree with the ones that the previous owner said it needed. The shakedown runs have gone well but I still have not made a full pass to date. The best 60ft has been a 1.28 and the best pass was 9.60@158 with a 1.46 60ft (blowing the tires off out of the gate) and running out of gear at the 1000ft mark. From what I have researched sofar the car appears to be Joe Copsons car which was then sold to David Koeppel. I would like to be able to gather some information about this car seeing how most the info that I have recieved so far appears to be very inaccurate. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

"turbo" Dave Welker

I'd say you got that TTA sorted out by now Dave! This is Reade, Steve and Jeff's buddy from Tucson

Welcome. Sounds like you are on the right track with the 1.28 short time. Are you running the stock 3.27 gears or something a little steeper? 28 inch tire? I'm guessing a th400. It looks like it mph pretty good but I bet if you can get a clean launch you are into the low low nines.
Any vids?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app