New XFI product

HighPSI

Staff member
Thanks to Casper's Electronics we will now be shipping XFI's to our customers with the program(s) already installed. Caspers has just released an XFI Desktop Programer. This new product allows me to pre-program the XFI without installing it.

The Desktop XFI Programmer will also allow us to verify the most currently released flash update is installed and will also allow me to install some of the special "tricks" that FAST will soon be releasing.

Thank You Caspers

Now that make's me want to buy one. If i only had the cash. thumbs up for cal and caspers.

I have one question. How have you been preprogramming the ECU before this product? It is great that Caspers has made such a product to make this process easier. My FAST dealer made bench harnesses like you described for the XFI and and the previous FAST systems years ago. I watched them update the firmware in my XFI right on their desk with their PC. My point to this post is that as a dealer I am surprised that you haven't already been doing this for your customers and to make your job easier. I hope you haven't been putting them in running cars just to program or update them. That seems like a giant pain in the butt.

Yep, the program can be done pretty easily on the desktop. But this has the thumbwheel so you can select "Flash" and also install multiple programs...all in one unit.
Look at

Operating Instructions

This will explain it all.

John

I have one question. How have you been preprogramming the ECU before this product? It is great that Caspers has made such a product to make this process easier. My FAST dealer made bench harnesses like you described for the XFI and and the previous FAST systems years ago. I watched them update the firmware in my XFI right on their desk with their PC. My point to this post is that as a dealer I am surprised that you haven't already been doing this for your customers and to make your job easier. I hope you haven't been putting them in running cars just to program or update them. That seems like a giant pain in the butt.

Maybe your F.A.S.T dealer is just way smarter:rolleyes:

Its really not that hard to plug them into your own car and preprogram them.It also give you the ablity to be sure that there isnt a problem with the box before its shipped.

I guess my point to this post is that I am not surprised YOU felt the needto make a point on a vendors thread like you did:rolleyes:

I guess my FAST dealer is smarter, they have been doing it a long time and most on here are familiar with them, but that isn't the point. Plugging it into your own car will work IF you are dealing with the same type of car/setup. Most dealers do multiple types of vehicle so your car method would not work. The Casper piece solves this problem but it is not a new idea. That is MY point.

If the car is wired for an XFI its not a problem not matter what it is.The caspers adaptor only does the XFI

No maybe John should add an adpator for the classic box and BS3 and Gen7 to plug into the jumper box the it would be good for more than one type of ecm

PS I dont think your vendor is smarter,I was being sarcastic:biggrin:

For the "Classic"

FAST Adapter

Didn't finish the BS3 yet, but it's almost identical to this unit.
John

The Gen 1 BS3 basically IS a classic FAST unit, so those two would be compatible. The DFI Gen 7 uses the same connector as the classic FAST and nearly the same pinout, so only a couple minor changes would be needed to support that system with this product. You may be able to kill several birds with one stone here.

I thought about the DFI but the trouble is, they use that external RS232 comm chip to connect to the PC where the BS3, XFI and FAST incorporate the comm transceiver into the ECU. Definitely makes more sense that way.

If I were to get really fancy, I suppose I could've put the transciever on the adapter box PC board. But it's not really fancy, just another way to skin a cat.

Otto and Cal get all the chicks cuz they are smart

HE_5_RevengeOfNerds1.jpg

If the car is wired for an XFI its not a problem not matter what it is.The caspers adaptor only does the XFI

No maybe John should add an adpator for the classic box and BS3 and Gen7 to plug into the jumper box the it would be good for more than one type of ecm

PS I dont think your vendor is smarter,I was being sarcastic:biggrin:

I thought when you said that it is easy to test the ECU's when you update them in a car that you were going to start and run the car. So in that case it would have to be the same type, Buick, IPU, HEI, etc.

PS. I wasn't being sarcastic. I don't think Dale Cherry and Injection Connection appreciates you insulting them. I know he is watching this thread. By the way how is Michael's car doing?

PS. I wasn't being sarcastic. I don't think Dale Cherry and Injection Connection appreciates you insulting them. I know he is watching this thread.

I am also watching this thread and don't appreciate your insulting me with your "I guess my FAST dealer is smarter" insult. What was the purpose of you coming into this thread?

I am also watching this thread and don't appreciate your insulting me with your "I guess my FAST dealer is smarter" insult. What was the purpose of you coming into this thread?

I didn't start the smarter thing, Otto did. My purpose was that I was wondering how other dealers were updating their ECU's before this product. I assumed that every dealer did it the way my dealer did. I guess I shouldn't assume things.

OK, back to the original thread,
I now have a plug-and-play adapter for both the classic FAST and BigStuff3. This adapter will add to the versatility as it will enable three different ECU's to be flashed with the unit. In fact, it will be included with the base unit.
I will also add the AEM to the list up the road. GEN 7 and GEN 8 will require a different pc board, and another part number.
Look at:

Programmer Interface for XFI

and

FAST/BigStuff3 Adapter