New XFI 2.05

DO NOT USE IGNITION CUT WITH THE STOCK IGNITION SYSTEM.

(or the TR6, if you need ignition cut, use an aux output to trigger the 2-step input)

clear enough?

Bob

DO NOT USE IGNITION CUT WITH THE STOCK IGNITION SYSTEM.

(or the TR6, if you need ignition cut, use an aux output to trigger the 2-step input)

clear enough?

Bob
Bob, do you know if we need to change any settings in the XFI when your TR6 is installed?

The TR6 is a drop-in replacement ignition, and does not affect your tune at all.

The only adjustments would be related to the rev limits, especially if running alky, you want the rev limiter in the FAST (all versions) to be higher than the one in the TR6, so that the FAST rev limiter is never hit.

Many headgaskets (and worse) have failed from hitting fuel based rev limits while the alky was spraying.

Bob

I'm not even sure where to begin with this. Roughly how much fuel do you really think you are saving? What does the xfi currently say your mpg is when you are on decell?
As for oil contamination, I have never had anyone say they have had that problem. How does this compare to the amount of fuel getting in the crankcase at full boost? The A/F reading is more a factor of no air, then a bunch of extra fuel that can get by the rings, especially on low cylinder pressure decel.
I have used xfi software in the past, that had this feature and liked having it, but certainly never thought of it as a "must have" item.
I'll make you a deal, I will do everything I can to get you decel fueling in time for you to use it the next time you go to the track.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
Lol.

I'm not even sure where to begin with this. Roughly how much fuel do you really think you are saving? What does the xfi currently say your mpg is when you are on decell?
As for oil contamination, I have never had anyone say they have had that problem. How does this compare to the amount of fuel getting in the crankcase at full boost? The A/F reading is more a factor of no air, then a bunch of extra fuel that can get by the rings, especially on low cylinder pressure decel.
I have used xfi software in the past, that had this feature and liked having it, but certainly never thought of it as a "must have" item.
I'll make you a deal, I will do everything I can to get you decel fueling in time for you to use it the next time you go to the track.

Sounds like a deal to me, but I can;t answer those questions right now. Presently dealing with a family crisis, the car will have to wait..

The flash should publicly be available real soon. I'll let you guys know asap

I'll give it a whirl i wanna see what the new buzz is........

BTW Cal does it happen to fix some of the bugs in the self learning on how it goes about editing the VE table.

Cal

With the low oil/fuel shut down, what needs to be done to use this feature? What actually shuts down, fuel/spark/ECM?

Did the "log/notes" section make it into this update?

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

You have to have the fuel and oil sensors in analogs 1&2.
The log notes is a software update. I'm not sure it's completed yet

Can the stock sensor be used for the oil?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk Pro

Chris the stock sensor is for the warning lamp not for oil gauge.
I added a oil gauge and the sensor has 1 wire. Will that work? Or do I need a pressure transducer like the fuel does?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk Pro

Unless your oil sensor outputs 0-5 volts, your going to need a transducer